Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I will now be lodging a FBI case.
1156 16 2021-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DronePilot_12
lvl.1

United States

Greetings fellow pilots,
I am now filing an FBI case aginst this software. As this issue is not reing resolved. DJI drones are awsome. But DJI assitants(s) versions are not. If DJI employees are reading this, than I guess you took this too lightly. And I guess the moderators are "real people." I will be filing it today. As this is a nationol security threat.

If you did try to fix it, I guess the time is over now. This has been going on for the last 6 years.

Regards,

2021-10-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for any inconvenience. May I asked that have you tried to download the DJI Assitant 2 For Mavic thereafter? The only thing we can promise you is that we would not invade or excerpt any individual privacy in any form of means without permission. Would you please try to download DJI Assitant 2 For Mavic from our website? Here is the link:
https://www.dji.com/downloads?site=brandsite&from=footer
Once the issue happened again, please immediately screenshot, take the proof for us. We will take it seriously and help this out. Thanks in advance.
2021-10-5
Use props
DronePilot_12
lvl.1

United States

Hello DJI Wanda,
I will try this again. Hopefully if this works I will withdraw the case. I do know that is not your fault. But maybe someone could have gotten in the system and put in a virus. I really don't feel safe installing this software again. I will try this in my old laptop that has a good processor. I will also try scanning the file again to show you what type of virus there is.
Thanks,
2021-10-6
Use props
DronePilot_12
lvl.1

United States

Hello DJI Wanda,
I will try this again. Hopefully if this works I will withdraw the case. I do know that is not your fault. But maybe someone could have gotten in the system and put in a virus. I really don't feel safe installing this software again. I will try this in my old laptop that has a good processor. I will also try scanning the file again to show you what type of virus there is.
Thanks,
2021-10-6
Use props
DronePilot_12
lvl.1

United States

Hello DJI Wanda,
Thanks,

2021-10-6
Use props
DronePilot_12
lvl.1

United States

Hello DJI Wanda,
I know that this is not your fault, but maybe there is a virus someone put into there and it got it. I really don't know. I downloaded it again. For some reason DJI foum won't let me upload the screenshot. But here are the names of the viruses: visionstarter2.exe, Unsafe.AI_Score_85%, Assitan.exe, is-F5TCO.temp
2021-10-6
Use props
DronePilot_12
lvl.1

United States

Here are the other screenshots:
SharedScreenshot.jpg
Screenshot.png
2021-10-6
Use props
DronePilot_12
lvl.1

United States

Those are the viruses found and I have downloaded but not installed yet DJI assistant 2 and is glitching my computer down now.
2021-10-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DronePilot_12 Posted at 10-6 07:29
Hello DJI Wanda,
I know that this is not your fault, but maybe there is a virus someone put into there and it got it. I really don't know. I downloaded it again. For some reason DJI foum won't let me upload the screenshot. But here are the names of the viruses: visionstarter2.exe, Unsafe.AI_Score_85%, Assitan.exe, is-F5TCO.temp

There is a long thread about this here - https://forum.dji.com/thread-203461-1-1.html
2021-10-8
Use props
DronePilot_12
lvl.1

United States

Yeah well DJI won't respond. Time to report. I can't do this as this is a national security threat. I should have done this long ago.
Thanks,
2021-10-8
Use props
DronePilot_12
lvl.1

United States

Also, if you do not belive me, why don't you download DJI assitant 2 for mavic on your computer and see what is happening? Then you could see what I am saying.
2021-10-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

DronePilot_12 Posted at 10-8 06:36
Yeah well DJI won't respond. Time to report. I can't do this as this is a national security threat. I should have done this long ago.
Thanks,

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. We have forwarded it to our designated team. They will check the issue and test it. BTW, please kindly know that you need to reply to my post that I can receive a notification. Thanks for your cooperation.
2021-10-8
Use props
DronePilot_12
lvl.1

United States

Will do, thanks!
2021-10-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How did you get on with the fbi?
2021-10-12
Use props
DronePilot_12
lvl.1

United States

Really good. I kept it on hold unless DJI fixes the problem
2021-10-14
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56588 ft
United States

DronePilot_12 Posted at 10-6 07:32
Those are the viruses found and I have downloaded but not installed yet DJI assistant 2 and is glitching my computer down now.

You had mentioned in Post#1 of this tread the problem has existed for "6 Years" now? Was that a typo and you meant 6 months?  The screen image of the "Virus" you point out has a date of March of 2021?  I'm not sure that fits the 6 year window you were speaking of?  Plus, if this has been an issue for 6 years, what OS are you running on the problem machine?  If this is a W10 machine, 6 years ago happens to be release time of W10.  Based on personal experience, I have seen at least 1 new update to the DJI Assistant software and I haven't even had my drone for an entire year yet.  

Just a side note on viruses, but you should know this already based on your US govt employee status as an IT professional, if a virus was to get installed inadvertently or detected on a US Govt PC, by any means (regardless of anti-virus software on the machine) before that machine is allowed to be put back on the US Govt network, it needs a complete wipe and re-image.  US Govt doesn't really mess around with trying to "recover" a system that has been flagged with "malicious software".  However, I know you had stated that you did not install the software, but the fact that it existed once on the system would drive the complete wipe of the HD and re-image of the OS.  So the next appropriate action to take, and I'm sure you know this from the extensive training that US govt personnel are required to take, is to power the system off, remove it from govt networks, and contact your computing security officer.  They can then do forensic research on the system.  No need for the FBI, there are already policies in place for this type of research on Us Govt systems.  But once again as a US govt employee in the IT field you already know all this.  

If it was a private computer that you own and operate that had the issues I feel sorry for you that your own personal PC might have been harmed, However then there is no need to say this is a "national security situation", since as a US govt employee, you should not be working on US govt related material on a private PC anyways!  

Just a few words of advice, if you were working on US Govt related material on a privately owned PC, that is not explicitly listed as GFE on a US govt contract, don't contact the FBI...It might be worse on you than it will be on the DJI if an investigation is to be conducted.   
2021-10-27
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DronePilot_12 Posted at 10-6 07:32

Those are just "infected" files and no doubt just false positives.
I have scanned using the same site you used and the file is clean.
Its also clean using Malwarebytes and Windows 11 Defender.

I am wondering if your PC(s) are infected and the virus is attaching itself to new files as they are downloaded and or opened? Notice that the HASH is the same as yours on totalvirus.com, mine is clean, yours is not, that's a red flag right there...

I would suggest a full scan using something like Malwarebytes, the free version is adequate, i would hard delete (hold shift + Delete skips recycle bin) DJI assistant before the scan as we know there's a possible infection there, then run the scan, if you have networked PC's, laptops, drives, connect the lot prior to scanning.

Screenshot 2021-11-04 025919.png
2021-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules