727 10 2021-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IBV Bob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123707 ft
Sweden

Thread 3..

I tried to use the tablet and use the HDMI output from the smart controller enterprise simultaniously. To my surprise it didn't work.
Is this correct?
If so, I wonder why the smart controller hardware is used for communicating with the M300 but the stream from the payload camera cannot be output to an external screen?
I understand that I could connect a 2nd RC via the "B-channel" but I want to avoid having to point two controllers towards the drone while I actually supposed to share the larger screen with customers during "live" inspection.

On top of it I would need 4 external antennas due to DJI chose to "downgrade" usability of their falgship pro-system (M300) from Cendence RC with antenna connectors to "smart controller enterprise" with "toy antennas" (sorry, I feel to mark this).
Is there any solution in the pipe-line for such solutions?- or do we need to wait for the M400 (with new batteries, new RC,new charger,etc.. ;-) )?

If the potentially increased EIRP is a problem for certification, then let the customers take this decision. I'm sure there is a way.

Cheers,
Bob

2021-10-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bob. Good day and thank you for sharing another intertying information with us and your valued insights with regards to this matter. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for further evaluation. Thank you for your support.
2021-10-6
Use props
IBV Bob
lvl.3
Sweden

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-6 18:55
Hello there Bob. Good day and thank you for sharing another intertying information with us and your valued insights with regards to this matter. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for further evaluation. Thank you for your support.

Great. Thanks again
2021-10-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

IBV Bob Posted at 10-8 10:08
Great. Thanks again

Hi there Bob. You are very much welcome and if you have any other request, concerns or any issues with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2021-10-10
Use props
Craig_Tas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2998255 ft
Australia

When you say tablet are you trying to capture the input from the HDMI output of the smart controller? I know it works as intended as I have live streamed the HDMI output (clean view) to YouTube via a stream deck before and it was super simple and flawless is all.
2021-10-12
Use props
IBV Bob
lvl.3
Sweden

Craig_Tas Posted at 10-12 13:31
When you say tablet are you trying to capture the input from the HDMI output of the smart controller? I know it works as intended as I have live streamed the HDMI output (clean view) to YouTube via a stream deck before and it was super simple and flawless is all.

My HDMI output works, but only without a tablet connected. At the moment I connect a tablet with pilot app running it goes black. Any idea?
2021-10-12
Use props
Craig_Tas
lvl.4
Australia

IBV Bob Posted at 10-12 22:41
My HDMI output works, but only without a tablet connected. At the moment I connect a tablet with pilot app running it goes black. Any idea?

I don't understand, you're using a tablet instead of the smart controller screen?
Or are you trying to output the HDMI into an input on the tablet?
The HDMI is just a raw output that you can change what goes out via the settings.
2021-10-13
Use props
IBV Bob
lvl.3
Sweden

Craig_Tas Posted at 10-13 01:15
I don't understand, you're using a tablet instead of the smart controller screen?
Or are you trying to output the HDMI into an input on the tablet?
The HDMI is just a raw output that you can change what goes out via the settings.

I'm using the tablet instead of the RC screen.
2021-10-13
Use props
Quadrocopter.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48399 ft
United States

I don't think tablets are capable of receiving HDMI Inputs. What type of tablet are you using? You would need something like a Small HD Monitor or some type of device that can accept the HDMI output of the smart controller.
2021-10-13
Use props
IBV Bob
lvl.3
Sweden

Quadrocopter.com Posted at 10-13 06:52
I don't think tablets are capable of receiving HDMI Inputs. What type of tablet are you using? You would need something like a Small HD Monitor or some type of device that can accept the HDMI output of the smart controller.

I don't want to use the tablet for displaying the cameras. I've got an extern Monitor with HDMI input. When I use the pilot app from the smart controller it works to output via HDMI. The moment I use the pilot app from the tables to fly (connected via USB to the smart controller) the signal on the HDMI output is gone. I want to use the large S7+ tablet to fly as the screen on the smart controller is simply too small to see all these small numbers. However, I've got passengers with me that want to follow live via the big screen.
2021-10-13
Use props
Craig_Tas
lvl.4
Australia

IBV Bob Posted at 10-13 09:33
I don't want to use the tablet for displaying the cameras. I've got an extern Monitor with HDMI input. When I use the pilot app from the smart controller it works to output via HDMI. The moment I use the pilot app from the tables to fly (connected via USB to the smart controller) the signal on the HDMI output is gone. I want to use the large S7+ tablet to fly as the screen on the smart controller is simply too small to see all these small numbers. However, I've got passengers with me that want to follow live via the big screen.

Got ya, sounds like when the USB connection is used and the pilot app is opened it overrides the inbuilt android device disabling the output of the HDMI. I don't think you can change this as the Tablet becomes the primary source and disconnects the (essentially another Android tablet) built into the controller.
2021-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules