Enterprise advance range of flying
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CraigIS
lvl.2

South Africa

Good day everyone
Its me again
Ok so I am obviously using the drone and finding out a lot about the inner workings of it due to tha nature of our work.
One major issue that we are seeing in South Africa, and because I assume we use the EC transmission regualtions is that we do not seem to get more than 1-1.4km range in rural or urban environments.
Nowhere have we tested anywhere near to the 6km range, this is not possible at all.
This is my experience as well as 2 other owners, all using the drone for law enforcement operations in fairly different environments.

I understand the FCC transmission is higher and therefore you get more range.
My question is why is the rest of the world being limited in terms of use of the drone when clearly its just a setting limited by DJI?

1km range is really not good at all especially when the drone and controller are capable of much more.
Its almost like the rest of the world is being prejudiced but the USA always seem to get more than what everyone else does.
I do not believe this is a regulation in South Africa, they would not have an objection to us using the FCC I am willing to bet.

Its quite upsetting to spend a lot of money on a product based on advertising and then you get nowhere near these ranges in real life.
This is not dependant on line of sight we have tried it, you just dont get the range on EC

Surely this must be resolved?
Please DJI we are really having issues here and we cannot find a repeater or aerial system that would sort this out

2021-10-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The radio power is set by the countries local law.  The USA has different laws to EU and other countries.
2021-10-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PS,   Are you orientating your controller correctly and not have people walking in front of you etc.

2021-10-6
Use props
CraigIS
lvl.2

South Africa

DAFlys Posted at 10-6 23:24
PS,   Are you orientating your controller correctly and not have people walking in front of you etc.

[view_image]

It is pure distance, I am the third person using the same drone, not getting more than 1.4km max range.
I am told that the EC communication standard is the problem severely limiting the range.
My question is , its advertised for 10km range, who has ever achieved anything near this range anywhere ?
I have searched as much as I can on the internet and found not 1 person.
So the options are to either get a high gain antenna if that even exists and secondly to use some kind of booster / repeater which also I dont believe actually exists.
Out of the 3 people with each having their own units, 2 are rural in the bush area where they are on high areas and the drones get no more than 1-1.4km and myself, I am in the city and after 700m, you lose video and anything more than that you lose complete signal.
The aerials are pointed either up or down, you cannot move them from side to side, the controller does not allow that.
There are no people infront of the controller
2021-10-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CraigIS Posted at 10-7 02:15
It is pure distance, I am the third person using the same drone, not getting more than 1.4km max range.
I am told that the EC communication standard is the problem severely limiting the range.
My question is , its advertised for 10km range, who has ever achieved anything near this range anywhere ?

Ive flown out 3km with mine with out issues,  using the standard controller and not the smart controller.  The problem is at that distance its no longer VLOS and so Im by the drone rules were not really supposed to do that.
2021-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules