Litchi fails to start after upload
1575 16 2021-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb0118f78
lvl.2
Flight distance : 440758 ft
United States

I am having an issue with Litchi and my Phantom 4 Pro.  I have uploaded a mission https://flylitchi.com/hub?m=d2aSvGqN8b , it appears to upload to the drone fine but the drone just stays where it is and never starts the mission.  Drone seems to be fine and is congrolable as usual - just won't start the mission.  Have tried and re-tried multiple times with the same result.  Any ideas?

2021-10-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check each waypoint of the mission carefully. I've occasionally superimposed two waypoints at the same spot - and this causes the mission to fail. Just a thought.
2021-10-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've had a look at your mission on Litchi hub. You haven't ticked the "Above Ground" box in settings. That could be the issue - and you can disregard my previous post as I now see you only have two waypoints in the mission
2021-10-6
Use props
fansb0118f78
lvl.2
United States

I’ll try that, thanks for looking at the mission. I was under the impression that it used the takeoff elevation if that wasn’t checked.  I hope that’s it, something simple.
2021-10-6
Use props
fansb0118f78
lvl.2
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 10-6 14:10
I've had a look at your mission on Litchi hub. You haven't ticked the "Above Ground" box in settings. That could be the issue - and you can disregard my previous post as I now see you only have two waypoints in the mission

Well, that wasn't it.  With boxes checked it still refuses to start the mission.  I go up to about 30 feet above the takeoff point and hit the play box, it uploads the mission with no obvious errors and just hovers, never starts the mission.  I'm stumped.
2021-10-6
Use props
fansb0118f78
lvl.2
United States

That's not it.  Checked the boxes, saved and uploaded the mission.  Took off and hovered about 30', hit the go button and the upload took place with no obvious errors.  Just hovers and won't start the mission. I'm stumped!
2021-10-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansb0118f78 Posted at 10-6 15:20
That's not it.  Checked the boxes, saved and uploaded the mission.  Took off and hovered about 30', hit the go button and the upload took place with no obvious errors.  Just hovers and won't start the mission. I'm stumped!

You're not in a NoFlyZone by any chance? Other than that, I'm stumped as well, sorry. I'll cogitate overnight (it's way past bedtime over here)  Maybe a fresh insight in the morning when I'm more alert
2021-10-6
Use props
fansb0118f78
lvl.2
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 10-6 15:59
You're not in a NoFlyZone by any chance? Other than that, I'm stumped as well, sorry. I'll cogitate overnight (it's way past bedtime over here)  Maybe a fresh insight in the morning when I'm more alert

Nope, nothing.  No issue just flying the drone either. Have set a point of interest bu can’t see any issue with that either.  Thanks for the look.  Never had an issue before but it has been a while since I used Litchi. Have messaged them but no reply yet.  Thanks again!
2021-10-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and for these information you have posted. Since you wanted to use and 3rd party application ( Litchi ), I hope that you will get the best information with regards to this matter from our fellow DJI co pilots who have tried using the said application. Just a reminder to please use the recommended DJI application when flying your DJI Drone to ensure stability and comparability during flight and 3rd party applications like Litchi can void the warranty of the said DJI Drone as well. Thank you and safe flying always.
2021-10-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansb0118f78 Posted at 10-6 16:08
Nope, nothing.  No issue just flying the drone either. Have set a point of interest bu can’t see any issue with that either.  Thanks for the look.  Never had an issue before but it has been a while since I used Litchi. Have messaged them but no reply yet.  Thanks again!

Which drone are you flying - or attempting to fly?
2021-10-6
Use props
fansb0118f78
lvl.2
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 10-6 23:13
Which drone are you flying - or attempting to fly?

Flying a DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.  
2021-10-7
Use props
fansb0118f78
lvl.2
United States

Flying a Phantom 4 Pro V2.  
2021-10-7
Use props
fansb0118f78
lvl.2
United States

More info.  I have tried using my secondary drone - same model, etc. with same result.  Also changed out cable from ipad to controller, same result. I have deleted POI with no change.  It has to be an issue with the mission - I am at a loss.
2021-10-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansb0118f78 Posted at 10-7 05:24
More info.  I have tried using my secondary drone - same model, etc. with same result.  Also changed out cable from ipad to controller, same result. I have deleted POI with no change.  It has to be an issue with the mission - I am at a loss.

It is curious. Have you tried putting in a few more waypoints to make a longer flight?  I usually try to make mine into a return to starting point.  I've had P4 standard, Mavic Pro Platinum, Mavic 2 Zoom  over the years. All performed perfectly with Litchi. Even my latest addition (a Mini1 ) works with the software, although waypoints is not yet supported for that model.  Good luck in finding a solution !
2021-10-7
Use props
fansb0118f78
lvl.2
United States

Built a new mission https://flylitchi.com/hub?m=Z9YGskROGV

Still no luck.  has to be something simple.  Used Litchi many times before (a while back).  Drone behaves normally without Litchi, no other background programs, hard stop on DJI GO.  I'm running out of ideas.  Appreciate the help!
2021-10-7
Use props
fansb0118f78
lvl.2
United States

It was simple.  The cruising speed for some reason was defaulting to .2 mph.  Once I set it to a reasonable speed it started working....

Thanks so much for the help, it is really appreciated.  I knew it had to be a fat finger error on my part and probably was.

Thanks again!
2021-10-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansb0118f78 Posted at 10-7 07:07
It was simple.  The cruising speed for some reason was defaulting to .2 mph.  Once I set it to a reasonable speed it started working....

Thanks so much for the help, it is really appreciated.  I knew it had to be a fat finger error on my part and probably was.

Good that you worked it out   Have you downloaded the latest update to Litchi?  It came out just last week.
2021-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules