IPad instead of iPhone
421 6 2021-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Old Pilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25200 ft
Australia

G'day everyone, I have recently purchased a Mavic Air 2 and have been enjoying flying it about and learning about drone photography.
My question is about my iPad. I currently connect my iPhone XR to my controller. As a 70 year old l need to wear my reading glasses to see the screen. I have an iPad Air that connects to the internet via my home WiFi network. It is not connected via mobile data as it is not used as a phone but only used at home. Can I use it to connect to the controller (with the appropriate Long cable and Tablet holder) and fly my Mavic. Will it work via it's WiFi and Bluetooth in the Tablet without mobile data?

Thank you in advance for your advice.
Best regards,
John
2021-10-6
Use props
GWURT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 590020 ft
United States

Yes you can, I fly my Mavic Zoom with my iPad mini and I removed the cellular service from it and Im still able to fly away with no issue
2021-10-6
Use props
Old Pilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25200 ft
Australia

GWURT Posted at 10-6 19:25
Yes you can, I fly my Mavic Zoom with my iPad mini and I removed the cellular service from it and Im still able to fly away with no issue

Thanks Gwurt,  does the RTH still work well?
2021-10-6
Use props
GWURT
lvl.2
United States

Old Pilot Posted at 10-6 19:27
Thanks Gwurt,  does the RTH still work well?

As far as I can see there's no loss of functionality. To be honest for the longest time I had used my iPad mini with my Zoom and was always worried that if I lost cell service I would lose my signal but its the actual DJI Controller and its antenna's that send and receive the signal so if you want to mindful be mindful of your controller battery life and its signal the device you choose for flight view does nothing but  allow you to view your flight capture video, images and so on.
2021-10-6
Use props
GWURT
lvl.2
United States

https://forum.dji.com/thread-203377-1-1.html
2021-10-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there John. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. In addition to this post, putting your mobile phone in Airplane mode while flying would lessen the interference like receiving calls and text messages while on flight. It is not necessary to put your device in Airplane mode but please make sure there is no such calls/text message or any notification that will interrupt you when using your device while flying your DJI Drone. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2021-10-6
Use props
Raw_B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1494190 ft
United States

wish my 70 year old dad would get into drones!
2021-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules