Top Speed
1951 13 2021-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GWURT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 590020 ft
United States

I wanted to get some feedback regarding the top speed for the Mavic Zoom.

I havent really taken flight too much in the past year but in the past few flights that I've done I noticed what appears to be a fairly big loss in top speed. I dont know if this has anything to do with the last firmware update but I can definetly say that prior to that firmware update I was averaging top speeds around 45mph and of course in windy conditions sub 40mph but now im barealy cracking 30mph in damn neer perfect conditions on multiple flights. I cant say that im aware of any setting other than TPS settings on the side of the controller that dictate that Tri-Pod, Positioning and Sport and I personally prefer the sport mode over all other modes. I tried chaging from S mode to P mode back to S mode hoping it would allow for the increase in top speed that the aircraft once had that for whatever reason no longer exists but nothing has changed anything. Im honestly confused, the drone is in neer perfect condition, the props are in good condition no nicks or damage at all. Im tried all the calibrations and nothing....the drone will just  hit a max speed of 30mph or just over which is far from average 45mph I used to see all the time. Any ideas?
2021-10-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom to see if there are some changes? In addition, were you able to fly this unit to a different location for us to further isolate the issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support.
2021-10-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would change the props,  you may find they have warped a little and become less efficient.  
2021-10-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Im tried all the calibrations and nothing....the drone will just  hit a max speed of 30mph or just over which is far from average 45mph I used to see all the time.
Nothing has changed and there's nothing you can calibrate that would have any effect.
I'd suggest to start, check your flight data for past flights to see what speed you actually had back then.
The top speed in P-GPS mode should be 16 metres/sec or just under 36 mph.
That's in still air with obstacle avoidance turned off.
OA will slow the drone significantly.

The M2 won't go faster unless you switch to Sport Mode.
2021-10-7
Use props
GWURT
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-6 20:36
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom to see if there are some changes? In addition, were you able to fly this unit to a different location for us to further isolate the issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support.

Not sure what you mean by refresh the firmware, the latest version is installed or are you referring to downgrade the version? I have flown the aircraft in multiple locations of all in very good conditions and very little to no wind conditions and flown out to distances to about 2km give or take.
2021-10-7
Use props
GWURT
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-6 23:29
I would change the props,  you may find they have warped a little and become less efficient.

I've thought about it but from the time that it was flying in excess of 40+mph to the time now that its barely cracking 30mph I had the drone stored away and in now way did the drone or any parts get damaged since it was put away and out of reach.  But its definitely on my list to replace since the props can dictate how well its flys
2021-10-7
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

No problems for me getting 45 mph at times in sport mode 2 weeks ago. I have the latest firmware but the previous app version from last year.
https://app.airdata.com/share/GBWoyY
2021-10-7
Use props
GWURT
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 10-7 00:10
Im tried all the calibrations and nothing....the drone will just  hit a max speed of 30mph or just over which is far from average 45mph I used to see all the time.
Nothing has changed and there's nothing you can calibrate that would have any effect.
I'd suggest to start, check your flight data for past flights to see what speed you actually had back then.

Im well aware of the modes and mentioned that I prefer to fly it in sport mode, but I guess I am curious about the OA..doesnt sport mode disable that feature? I guess I can also try disabling it all together. I didnt think there was anything to calibrate since im very familiar with the settings but I figure id throw it out there in case there's something Im unaware of. I just checked multiple flight logs for top speed. 46.8  44.6 and 43.8 all of which are well over the 30.4 - 31mph Im not getting.
2021-10-7
Use props
GWURT
lvl.2
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 10-7 18:31
No problems for me getting 45 mph at times in sport mode 2 weeks ago. I have the latest firmware but the previous app version from last year.
https://app.airdata.com/share/GBWoyY

Yeah I thought it was firmware but after just looking at my logs I noticed too that my drone was hitting 45+ after the upgrade, for some reason I was thinking the upgrade was fairly recent but it wasn't,  Im going to take a look at the Obstacle Avoidance that Labroides mentioned but I could swear all of that is disabled in sport mode
2021-10-7
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine has OA enabled all the time and has no effect in sport mode.

I should mention that I have the M2p not the M2z. Not sure if that makes any difference

2021-10-7
Use props
GWURT
lvl.2
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 10-7 18:38
Mine has OA enabled all the time and has no effect in sport mode.

I should mention that I have the M2p not the M2z. Not sure if that makes any difference

To my knowledge they are the exact same drone, only difference is the camera. I could be wrong but I recall reviewing them before purchasing
2021-10-7
Use props
GWURT
lvl.2
United States

Well I finally figure it out, it turns out to be a setting in the app, funny enough I figured it out myself. I didnt know that there was an application setting that can disable the TPS switch on the physical controller making the Flight modes do nothing when changing between them, in the Main Controller Settings its called Multiple Flight Modes, it was disabled which essentially makes the flight modes stay what appears in Positioning Mode. Once I enabled  the settings well everything changed and now in sport mode I was cooking again...and  flat out hit 44.6mph.
2021-10-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GWURT Posted at 10-7 18:17
I've thought about it but from the time that it was flying in excess of 40+mph to the time now that its barely cracking 30mph I had the drone stored away and in now way did the drone or any parts get damaged since it was put away and out of reach.  But its definitely on my list to replace since the props can dictate how well its flys

I found the flymore combo bag would snag on my props and it eventually got so bad Id get max rpm warnings,  a change of props and bag and all was sorted.
2021-10-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

GWURT Posted at 10-7 21:15
Well I finally figure it out, it turns out to be a setting in the app, funny enough I figured it out myself. I didnt know that there was an application setting that can disable the TPS switch on the physical controller making the Flight modes do nothing when changing between them, in the Main Controller Settings its called Multiple Flight Modes, it was disabled which essentially makes the flight modes stay what appears in Positioning Mode. Once I enabled  the settings well everything changed and now in sport mode I was cooking again...and  flat out hit 44.6mph.

I quoted the P-GPS mode speeds since the speed you mentioned was so low. and OA would have cut that further.
OA does not work in Sport Mode.

If you were messing with updating/backdating your firmware, that resets a lot of settings to default values.
That disabled Multiple Flight Modes and you needed to re-enable it after changing firmware.
2021-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules