Can't activate P II via WiFi or USB !!!
1355 10 2021-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ng.sa
lvl.1

Australia

I just bought a Pocket 2 Creator Combo and my generic android smartphone cannot "see" the P II via the app.

Cant get it to work with a 2nd phone - genuine Samsung Galaxy C5. As both the phones have Micro USB plugs I tried BlueTooth on both but no joy.

Both these phones cannot "see" P II

It was not possible for me to activate the P II as described in the instructions with my phone.

Unfortunately I cannot activate as I do not have access to an iPhone.

2021-10-7
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Unfortunately, the Pocket 2 is quite picky about the phones that can be used to activate the Pocket 2. The officially supported list is ridiculously small (only 32 Android models!), but fortunately there have been reports of other phones that can be used to activate the Pocket 2.

To help people get their Pocket 2s activated, I have gathered a list of phones that work and do not work with the Pocket 2. To see the list, check out my thread at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 - it contains both officially supported models and those that are not officially mentioned but have been tested and proven to work.

You also may want to consider the option of using an Android tablet instead of a phone if you have one. I have gathered a similar list for tablets too, that list can be seen at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518

Both lists also have a section of troubleshooting tips that you can try to see if there is something else that prevents you from using your model, or to test in case you test a model that's said to be compatible but doesn't work. Try those first to see if that solves the problem.

As for the activation itself, I have understood that the Pocket 2 needs to be activated with a physical USB-C or Lightning connection. In some cases and models, using a USB-C to MicroUSB adapter might also help. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any kind of confirmation for the claims saying that you could activate the Pocket 2 wirelessly, so it might be that it is not possible at all.

If you cannot activate the camera with your own devices, try seeing if someone you know has a compatible phone or tablet and ask if you could borrow it for activation. I personally had no compatible device at first and couldn't activate it, however my friend borrowed me his phone which worked for it, and later I got another phone that works perfectly with it. Fortunately, after the activation hassle, I was able to use the Pocket 2 as a stand-alone device. While you still would need the phone or tablet for remote-controlling the gimbal and some other operations, having it activated this way at least enables you to control and record video and photos without a separate iOS or Android device. That certainly is better than being completely locked out of the device.

Hopefully this advice will help you to get your Pocket 2 up and running! Feel free to ask more if you need more information.
2021-10-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ng.sa. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue? I will be posting the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Pocket 2 for reference. Thank you.

2021-10-7
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

I had exactly the same problem... It was very frustrating having the camera and not able to use it because such a small thing. I bought and USB-C to USB adapter. I plugged the adapter in the bottom usb-c port of the Pocket 2 then used the the phone cable... it worked for me. See if it works for you.

2021-10-9
Use props
ng.sa
lvl.1

Australia

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 10-9 22:31
I had exactly the same problem... It was very frustrating having the camera and not able to use it because such a small thing. I bought and USB-C to USB adapter. I plugged the adapter in the bottom usb-c port of the Pocket 2 then used the the phone cable... it worked for me. See if it works for you.
[view_image]  
[view_image]

G'Day Ricardo
Thanks for the great reply.
I'm now thinking about taking it back for a full refund as it is illegal in Australia to sell a product that you know is 'defective' eg. will not work as designed.
If I get this cable am I going to be able to use the camera with out having to plug in this 'adapter' each time ?
I want to be able to setup the camera on the tripod and control it via my android phone, which are not on the list above.
TIA
2021-10-9
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

ng.sa Posted at 10-9 23:41
G'Day Ricardo
I'm now thinking about taking it back for a full refund as it is illegal in Australia to sell a product that you know is 'defective' eg. will not work as designed.

you can use this cable , connecting the bottom of pocket.
and usb-A to micro usb phone cable  to your micro usb phone, so that the activation can be done.

the active can only be done via usb connection.

After activation. u can use the do-it all handle via wifi connect and control.

For  usb type-c phone or  lightning phone, can directly active via the usb dongle.
2021-10-11
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

ng.sa Posted at 10-9 23:41
G'Day Ricardo

If you don't have the do-it-all-handle you'll have to connect your phone with the adapter to the pocket 2... I used to connect this way, now my new phone has usb-c port... but both of them were not on the list, but they worked...
2021-10-11
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 10-11 03:34
If you don't have the do-it-all-handle you'll have to connect your phone with the adapter to the pocket 2... I used to connect this way, now my new phone has usb-c port... but both of them were not on the list, but they worked...

May I ask you what phone models and connection adapters did you use? Always keen on having more information to update on my phone and tablet compatibility threads. :-)
2021-10-11
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

HGDC84 Posted at 10-11 11:20
May I ask you what phone models and connection adapters did you use? Always keen on having more information to update on my phone and tablet compatibility threads. :-)

Of course the first was Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro, it didn't have usb-c port, only micro USB... In that phone I've used the adapter on the pictures I've shown on this thread... now I have the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, this has usb-c port. Hope it helps
2021-10-12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 10-12 12:19
Of course  the first was Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro, it didn't have usb-c port, only micro USB... In that phone I've used the adapter on the pictures I've shown on this thread... now I have the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, this has usb-c port. Hope it helps

Thank you for the information, having new information for the compatibility list always helps :-)
2021-10-12
Use props
ng.sa
lvl.1

Australia

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 10-11 03:34
If you don't have the do-it-all-handle you'll have to connect your phone with the adapter to the pocket 2... I used to connect this way, now my new phone has usb-c port... but both of them were not on the list, but they worked...

G'Day Ricardo
Well it has been 3 weeks now and I have tried nearly every day to get this camera to act. including the same cable you suggested and 3 x iPhones I begged, borrowed and stole !!!
I really wanted this camera to work, but I have to give up now.
I have spent nearly $250 extra to try and get this to activate, but I think this camera is faulty.
Thanks for your help
2021-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules