Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17232310 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi all,
Is there a way to enable Airsense on my Air2S or is it always on. In todays flight i had a helicopter flying very close and i had no notofication. Also the other day there was a single engine aircraft flying low and close and again no indication.

Thanks,
George
2021-10-7
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Most helicopters do not have this, also in UK most airplanes are not so equipped currently. There are more aircraft in the USA that have this installed (ADSB).
2021-10-7
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

The option to enable it is in the settings. In the "safety" tab/area if I remember...Scroll around, it's there
2021-10-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there George. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For additional reference the DJI AirSense is an alert system that uses ADS-B technology to give drone pilots enhanced situational awareness and help them make responsible decisions while flying. This feature gathers flight data sent automatically from nearby aircraft with ADS-B transmitters, analyzing it to detect potential collision risks and alert users well in advance through the DJI mobile application. In addition I will post a DJI link where in you can read more about the DJI AirSense ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/airsense ). Thank you.
2021-10-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im UK based too and like to watch the ADSB signal from planes,  what Ive found is that most planes have the ADSB transmitters with the exception of the small light aircraft typically found at flight schools,   but what I have noticed is that the police / ambulance etc when they are on missions will turn off the signal.   Theres a handy app called Flightradar24 you can use to check if the plane you see is broadcasting ADSB or not.  
2021-10-7
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-7 23:59
Im UK based too and like to watch the ADSB signal from planes,  what Ive found is that most planes have the ADSB transmitters with the exception of the small light aircraft typically found at flight schools,   but what I have noticed is that the police / ambulance etc when they are on missions will turn off the signal.   Theres a handy app called Flightradar24 you can use to check if the plane you see is broadcasting ADSB or not.

Hi thanks for the info. So i guess something similar is happenning in EU. Anyway ,i was really concerned! Thanks
2021-10-8
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-7 18:50
Hello there George. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For additional reference the DJI AirSense is an alert system that uses ADS-B technology to give drone pilots enhanced situational awareness and help them make responsible decisions while flying. This feature gathers flight data sent automatically from nearby aircraft with ADS-B transmitters, analyzing it to detect potential collision risks and alert users well in advance through the DJI mobile application. In addition I will post a DJI link where in you can read more about the DJI AirSense ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/airsense ). Thank you.

Thanks for the info i will have a look.

2021-10-8
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jmb63 Posted at 10-7 05:35
The option to enable it is in the settings. In the "safety" tab/area if I remember...Scroll around, it's there

Thanks man, i ll check it.
2021-10-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GeorgeFoxCinematography Posted at 10-8 00:35
Hi thanks for the info. So i guess something similar is happenning in EU. Anyway ,i was really concerned! Thanks

The Airsense tech also shouldn't warn you about planes it doesn't see as a risk but from what Ive seen thats a bit hit or miss.
2021-10-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

GeorgeFoxCinematography Posted at 10-8 00:35
Thanks for the info i will have a look.

Hi there George. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2021-10-10
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Doesn't work with Helo's. I fly in an area where there are a lot of them. You would think it would be a priority for Helo's. Jets which warn me are too high to matter.
2021-10-11
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

BrianKushner Posted at 10-11 10:28
Doesn't work with Helo's. I fly in an area where there are a lot of them. You would think it would be a priority for Helo's. Jets which warn me are too high to matter.

Indeed it would be great from the helis to transmit as well ,since they fly lower as well. But this is not dji's problem.
2021-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules