Spark Down -- Can't Find It
802 4 2021-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

After three years of trouble-free flying with the Spark, I finally lost it. And it has to be very close to where I was at the time.

First, the conditions were fairly heavy fog on a river so it's all on me. I was aware of the dangers and I paid for it. I got one nice shot of a ferry coming out of the fog, then was setting up another shot when the downward sensor alarm popped up. I got the drone just barely back to shore at about 20 metres high when the gimbal suddenly went crazy. I heard the engines rev up and then silence. No sound of it hitting land or water. The video feed was gone but the phone continued to show battery level data, etc., plus the message "Unable to take off" so the AC must have still been on.

The Phantomhelp page seems to show that it's very close to where I was but is that accurate? I searched mostly up from that spot in long grass and low bushes before I gave up. It's an hour and a half away so I'd kinda like to get a better idea of where it is before I go back.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/BSEY8MMK647O7B6BS1V3/
2021-10-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi, Prairie Chicken. Sorry to hear that. Have you tried "Find My Drone Function" in DJI GO4?
2021-10-8
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-8 19:33
Hi, Prairie Chicken. Sorry to hear that. Have you tried "Find My Drone Function" in DJI GO4?

I looked for Find My Drone but couldn't find it in the app before the battery died. I know better now.

I went back in the afternoon with my wife and she found it in long grass tucked under a bush. There was no damage, not even a broken prop, and was able to fly it with the three remaining batteries. So, happy ending.
2021-10-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Prairie Chicken Posted at 10-9 20:08
I looked for Find My Drone but couldn't find it in the app before the battery died. I know better now.

I went back in the afternoon with my wife and she found it in long grass tucked under a bush. There was no damage, not even a broken prop, and was able to fly it with the three remaining batteries. So, happy ending.

Hello, there. We are glad to hear this. Meanwhile, we suggest you send the drone back to have a further diagnosis concerning the safety and warranty coverage. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/service/repair?site=brandsite&from=footer
If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2021-10-10
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-10 03:02
Hello, there. We are glad to hear this. Meanwhile, we suggest you send the drone back to have a further diagnosis concerning the safety and warranty coverage. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/service/repair?site=brandsite&from=footer
If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.

Thank you.
2021-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules