2 new drones that wont power on. What am i doing wrong?
377 8 2021-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ansky
New

United States

Purchased 2 new Mini 2 units yesterday. Charged 6 batteries yesterday afternoon/evening and unplugged them before bed.

Had time this afternoon to get started with pairing updating etc.

Following DJI App instructions, got the remote going and tried to power up the drones (1 push of button, release, long push of button) with no results on either drone. Tried every type of button combo/length with zero results. Neither drone will power on. Tried all 6 batteries of fly more combos.

Any suggestions? Figured 2 drones being DOA was weird so I am hoping its just dummy user error. Thanks in advance!

2021-10-8
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Do the LEDs on the bottom light up when you click one time the button? If not then you should leave the battery charging inside the drone with a powerful enough power supply (1.5A at least).
2021-10-8
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

ansky,   1>  When you inserted the battery into the Mini-2, did you hear a click?  If you did then it is done correctly.  2.  Next, if you push the button to the right of 4 leds
just once, do any of the lights light?  If so then how many will give you an indication as to the state of your battery, if 2 or more light, then do not touch the button for about 10 seconds or more.
3.  Then if you had some lights light up, press the button for about a second -  release, wait 2 seconds, then press the button and hold it for 5 seconds, then release it.
The propellers should move and the lights should light up.  Then it is ready.  Activate the Mini-2 if you have not done so yet.  After that it should be ready to go.
Hope this helps.
2021-10-8
Use props
ansky
New

United States

Yaros1 Posted at 10-8 14:21
Do the LEDs on the bottom light up when you click one time the button? If not then you should leave the battery charging inside the drone with a powerful enough power supply (1.5A at least).

Yes they do. Definitely confirmed a full charge, strangely.
2021-10-8
Use props
ansky
New

United States

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 10-8 16:59
ansky,   1>  When you inserted the battery into the Mini-2, did you hear a click?  If you did then it is done correctly.  2.  Next, if you push the button to the right of 4 leds
just once, do any of the lights light?  If so then how many will give you an indication as to the state of your battery, if 2 or more light, then do not touch the button for about 10 seconds or more.
3.  Then if you had some lights light up, press the button for about a second -  release, wait 2 seconds, then press the button and hold it for 5 seconds, then release it.

Thanks for the reply bob,

1. yes and
2. 4 lights light up
3. That's definitely along the lines of the various iterations and combinations of button pressing ive done.

messaged with DJI just now who has no idea why this it taking place (especially 2 random units) and advised me to send the units in for inspection. After walking me through many minutes of attempts and guidance, we didnt get to the bottom of it.

I'm adamant I'm doing something wrong but can't figure out what.

2021-10-8
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

ansky, wow - truly a shame.  Hope all works out well.  Thanbks for the reply.  Also, write down the serial numbers of each, keep your receipt handy,
Get proof of transit and delivery.  Dates, names, and times of everyone you talk with, as well as their phone numbers.  Be safe, and careful.
2021-10-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Forget all the counting. Push the power button and let it go. Then, almost immediately, push it in and hold 'til all four lights come on, release. It should come on. That is the way I do it all the time.
2021-10-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for any inconvenience. Would you please take a video showing us the issue?
2021-10-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ansky Posted at 10-8 17:09
Thanks for the reply bob,

1. yes and

As mentioned above, what you need to do is a short push, followed by a long push.
2021-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules