I dropped my phone. What other displays can I use?
1171 14 2021-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lake Dude
lvl.1

United States

I have been flying a Mavic Pro for ~3 yrs now. It's been great up until this past week when I dropped my phone and it won't work anymore. My wife gave me an old Ipad Mini to use but the DJI Go software isn't compatible with it so it looks like I'll need to buy something new!  
I was think about getting another phone but perhaps there are larger easier to see displays. What are you using for yours? What do you recommend or what would you buy if you were in my shoes? BTW my controller is the model GL200A.
2021-10-8
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I use a huawei mediapad m3 lite with my original Mavic Pro, absolutely no problems whatsoever, also I have an old Sony Z5, again no problems, and lastly I bought a
Ulefone Note 9P SIM Free Smartphone, 4GB+64GB, Android 10 Octa-core Processor, cheap but no problems in over a year ago, and also runs the go 4 app perfectly.
2021-10-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If it's an iPad mini 4 or later, it should work with DJI Go.

Otherwise get some ideas from here:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go.18
2021-10-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for what happened to your mobile device. We strongly suggest using a compatible mobile device when using the DJI Go 4 app to avoid connectivity issues. You may refer to the link below for your reference. Thank you for your valued support.  

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2021-10-8
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

I use a Ipad Mini 4 and it works perfect!
2021-10-9
Use props
Micato
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

I still use Nvidia Shield K1 and Ipad mini 2 for backup. Oldie but goldie still in 2021. Dedicated only for flying DJIgo4.
2021-10-9
Use props
houdini
Second Officer

United States

Sorry to hear that you dropped your phone.

I have been using the Mini4 from the very beginning  flying the Mavic Pro. It is a 128GB Wi-Fi only and is dedicated just to the MP. Been going on 5 years now and it still works great and the display looks great also.

I see that one can get a used one on Ebay anywhere from $100 to $200 and new ones for about $350.

Hope you find a replacement soon for your phone.

2021-10-9
Use props
Lake Dude
lvl.1

United States

houdini Posted at 10-9 11:05
Sorry to hear that you dropped your phone.

I have been using the Mini4 from the very beginning  flying the Mavic Pro. It is a 128GB Wi-Fi only and is dedicated just to the MP. Been going on 5 years now and it still works great and the display looks great also.

I already have a replacement for my phone, however my search is for a decent not too expensive phone or mini pad to be dedicated for the drone software. My requirements are that it has to be wireless net working, GPS capable, and somewhere between 7.5" and 5" long.
2021-10-9
Use props
SH59
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4291 ft

United States

I also use an iPad mini 4, and it works great as a dedicated device. I like having the larger screen over the small phone screen. Easier to see as I get "older".
2021-10-10
Use props
houdini
Second Officer

United States

Glad you found a replacement fot the phone.
Here is a photo of my Mini4 and controller.

img_1755.jpg
2021-10-10
Use props
Lake Dude
lvl.1

United States

houdini Posted at 10-10 08:21
Glad you found a replacement fot the phone.
Here is a photo of my Mini4 and controller.

It really sucks that the mini Ipad I have won't work. It fits perfectly in the holder. The problem is that Apple no longer supports the operating system and won't let me upgrade the IOS.

If I could get this to upgrade from the current IOS 9.3.5S to a minimum of IOS 10 I'd be all set!
2021-10-10
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Lake Dude Posted at 10-10 09:09
It really sucks that the mini Ipad I have won't work. It fits perfectly in the holder. The problem is that Apple no longer supports the operating system and won't let me upgrade the IOS.

If I could get this to upgrade from the current IOS 9.3.5S to a minimum of IOS 10 I'd be all set!

I know what you mean about the Apple upgrade. My other Ipad has an IOS 9.3.6 and Apple says it won't upgrade due to hardware incompatibility. Hopefully the Mini4 will always work with the DJI GO4 App.

Good luck in finding something that works for you.

2021-10-10
Use props
ken1403
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13719016 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lake Dude Posted at 10-10 09:09

that must be a mini 1st gen. That is the only one that will not work.
2021-10-28
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Lake Dude Posted at 10-9 11:53
I already have a replacement for my phone, however my search is for a decent not too expensive phone or mini pad to be dedicated for the drone software. My requirements are that it has to be wireless net working, GPS capable, and somewhere between 7.5" and 5" long.

When FLY software grew too large to work on my original iPad Mini, I replaced it with the Mini 4. I'm not sure of the dimensions, but I have run the Mini 4 for years and it works fine.  Even fits (barely) between the device mounting arms on the controller when I remove my JETech cover.  
2021-10-28
Use props
Lake Dude
lvl.1

United States

OK so I bought a Winnova M8 tablet brand new. I loaded up the DJI GO4 App and it starts right up when I start the controller. However it will not connect to the aircraft when I start that up.

I've tried different combinations of starting order but it will just not connect. I went back to trying my phone and everything connects just fine as it should. Any ideas on how to fix this?
One thing I do notice is the new tablet had to be connected via the port in the bottom of the controller vs the stock one on the side as the port on the tablet is on the opposite side. Do you think that might have something to do with it?
2021-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules