iPad Pro (M1 cpu/3rd gen) not connecting to Remote
1645 4 2021-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_0gKIiSe3XtTM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 392713 ft
Canada

I have a new iPad pro 11 in with the M1 processor. I am having an interesting issue where I have gone through about 9 Usb-C to Usb-C cords including one directly from Apple and one directly from the DJI store. None of them except one will connect. Not even the one that came with the drone. I even tried a USB hub that works fine with my external hard drive and swapped it to a USB C to regular USB cord and still did not work. Yet when I switch to this one specific cord it connects fine. I cannot find any reason why this one cord (I found laying in my basement and have no idea where it came from) works and the expensive ones I have purchased including the 2 from DJI I have tried will not connect.

The kicker: they all work with my S21 Ultra.

I am not sure what to do about this as the cord that does work is pretty short and does not allow me to mount the iPad on my tripod and move around.

Are there specifications for cords or is this a communication issue between the controller and the iPad? It's just strange that the DJI cords do not work either, but all work fine in my Samsung phone.

Any help would be great!

FB_IMG_1633820622949.jpg
2021-10-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had similar issue with my iPad Pro and I found that some of the cables I have only work in one orientation,   plug it in if it doesn't work rotate it and its fine.  bit odd as the port and the cable shouldn't care.
2021-10-10
Use props
djiuser_0gKIiSe3XtTM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 392713 ft
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 10-10 00:50
I had similar issue with my iPad Pro and I found that some of the cables I have only work in one orientation,   plug it in if it doesn't work rotate it and its fine.  bit odd as the port and the cable shouldn't care.

I read that on another forum post and tried many different orientations and still could not get the cords to work. Perhaps I'll give that another shot you are correct, that should not matter.
2021-10-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_0gKIiSe3XtTM Posted at 10-10 05:46
I read that on another forum post and tried many different orientations and still could not get the cords to work. Perhaps I'll give that another shot you are correct, that should not matter.

Just what worked for me,   with jucebitz branded cable,   worth a try.  fingers crossed for you.
2021-10-11
Use props
fansea8f53a5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47694 ft
United States

I can’t get my iPad Pro with M1 chip to connect to my Phantom 4. When I plug the USB cord from the remote to the iPad, I hear a “ding” like it connects, but when I open the DJI4 app, it says “Disconnected “.

I can connect with my iPhone 7, but would prefer the larger screen.

DJI doesn’t seem to admit there could be a problem, or just tells me to use the iPhone instead of the iPad.

I already purchased one new USB A to USB cable and tried rotating, is there one that is known to work ?
2022-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules