Dji Fly and Samsung a10e
1421 5 2021-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GumbyDammit
lvl.1

United States

Following Dji's posted requirements, I purchased a new Mini 2.
Dji fly will not install on my phone.

I've read all the "theories" about the OS on this phone. The A10e has a 64 bit OS above 6.0

I'm tempted to send the whole package back for a refund, due to incorrect info from Dji.

If I upgrade my phone (which I had no plans of), why should I believe this app will load on that one? It won't load on my A10e!

Any help and CORRECT info would be welcome

2021-10-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has casued and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung A10E ) on the recommended mobile device lists for the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said  application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung A10E will be able to work on the  DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application. In addition, rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the said list in the future. Thank you for your understanding and support.

2021-10-10
Use props
GumbyDammit
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for your response. Love the quality of Dji products, but have found lots of my shared frustration on forums, that even reputable dealers selling Dji drones don't include a compatibility list, just the basic requirements "android 6.0 or higher" and little else.  I have a preowned Galaxy S10 on the way ... I trust it will get this little beauty in the air without any issues (?)

Cheers
2021-10-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do yourself a favour.  Send the Samsung back and get an iPhone 13 pro max.  Nothing will beat that for at least a year.
2021-10-12
Use props
GumbyDammit
lvl.1

United States

Is there some reasoning behind that, or do you sell Iphones?

I just want a monitor for a remote control ... I do not live on my phone. So long as it accepts and operates on the Dji fly app, I'm good.  

My present, cheap Galaxy A10e performs perfectly with another drone/remote I've been flying.  

I am a still photographer (using real cameras), and I work with PCs, websites, photo editing, etc ... I  just use my smart phone for phone calls/texting, an emergency "camera" for bigfoot or unicorn sightings, and occasionally to view my website work as it appears on mobile. I've always been disappointed using any apple products.  Drones are toys I play with for my own entertainment

Cheers
2021-10-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

GumbyDammit Posted at 10-11 08:10
Thanks for your response. Love the quality of Dji products, but have found lots of my shared frustration on forums, that even reputable dealers selling Dji drones don't include a compatibility list, just the basic requirements "android 6.0 or higher" and little else.  I have a preowned Galaxy S10 on the way ... I trust it will get this little beauty in the air without any issues (?)

Cheers

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. Rest assured that that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.
2021-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules