Mini 2 Fly Away
2614 5 2021-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zippersnapper
New
United States

Went out flying last night in hopes of getting some nice footage of a bridge lit up at night. Performed 3 flights with the first 2 going smoothly without issue. Launched the 3rd flight normally and after a few minutes initiated a auto return to home becuase I was flying at approxamamty 150' and the drone became difficult to see. Previous flights were around 100'. The drone began its return home, then for no apparent reason lost all signal. After the drone lost all signal, panic set in. I could no longer see the drone at all. After calming down a tad, I tried everything to regain signal with no luck. I prayed that the loss of signal would further command the drone to return home, but that did not happen either. I decided the best course of action would be to simply wait until the battery would begin to deplete and see what would happen. After about 26 minutes or so, the drone came into clear veiw. It was positioned about 300' away from me, at an altitude of around 65'. It was a clear night, no clouds and virtually no wind-Perfect night to fly. The first few seconds of getting a clear site of the drone, I was in joy thinking I would be able to retreve it. That joy quicky turned into to terror as the drone went into a westerly heading away from me...into a neighborhood. I could still see the drone's blink lights clearly as I scrammbled to get into my car and somehow follow it. After a few turns onto a few streets I lost sight of it, never to be seen again. The built in safety features of "Auto Return Home" AFTER signal loss AND battery depletion failed. Looking over the log (attached), home point was not only set, but updated as well within a few seconds of lift off. I was at least smart enough to purchase the DJI Care Refresh prior to the Mini 2 taking any flight. Can someone tell me what my next steps are to get my drone replaced? More importantly, can someone explain what happened? I was all stoked to get a Mavic Air 2, but my confidence in the saftety features of DJI drones has me a bit concerned.
Respectfully,

Kenneth Rich

DJIFlightRecord_2021-10-09_[21-07-11]log.zip

774.18 KB, Down times: 1

DJIFlightRecord_2021-10-09_[21-07-11]csv.zip

82.99 KB, Down times: 0

DJIFlightRecord_2021-10-09_[21-07-11].zip

772.94 KB, Down times: 0

2021-10-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, Kenneth. We're truly sorry for the recent experience with your drone. We suggest contacting our Product Support in helping you to start up the case. You may send in your flight records and data analysis can be applied if your unit is within warranty. Thank you.
2021-10-10
Use props
djiuser_mPOyWMksB0A1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64173 ft

South Africa

I had a flyaway recently. Mini 2 just leaned to the side and the motors went as fast as it can in an uncontrollable reverse flight. Luckily the drone flew against the side of the mountain and broke 3 proppellers. I say luckily becasue no-one was hurt. There is no DJI support in South Africa and I doubt very much that DJI will even respond to this. I'm too afraid to fly the drone now fearing it might flyaway again or worse, crash into a person.
2022-8-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_mPOyWMksB0A1 Posted at 8-29 11:12
I had a flyaway recently. Mini 2 just leaned to the side and the motors went as fast as it can in an uncontrollable reverse flight. Luckily the drone flew against the side of the mountain and broke 3 proppellers. I say luckily becasue no-one was hurt. There is no DJI support in South Africa and I doubt very much that DJI will even respond to this. I'm too afraid to fly the drone now fearing it might flyaway again or worse, crash into a person.

We are sorry to read about the accident. May I know if there are any other damages caused? If repair service is required, you may try to contact your reseller for assistance, or you can contact our support via email at http://www.dji.com/support for further help.
2022-8-29
Use props
djiuser_mPOyWMksB0A1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64173 ft

South Africa

DJI Susan Posted at 8-29 17:40
We are sorry to read about the accident. May I know if there are any other damages caused? If repair service is required, you may try to contact your reseller for assistance, or you can contact our support via email at http://www.dji.com/support for further help.

It was only the propellers that was broken. My concern was the sudden non response. I had a look at some YouTube ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rsbWFS8TZc ) video to see if someone else had the same problem. Seems like one person had that problem and DJI replaced the Telescopic Tube + Antenna Module and ESC Board Module. Unfortunately I'm screwed cause like I said, South Africa has no DJI support and the reseller says they don't stock spares
2022-8-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_mPOyWMksB0A1 Posted at 8-30 10:13
It was only the propellers that was broken. My concern was the sudden non response. I had a look at some YouTube ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rsbWFS8TZc ) video to see if someone else had the same problem. Seems like one person had that problem and DJI replaced the Telescopic Tube + Antenna Module and ESC Board Module. Unfortunately I'm screwed cause like I said, South Africa has no DJI support and the reseller says they don't stock spares

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We offer DJI Support services through multiple channels: Hotline, Online chat, and email services. For your case, we recommend you send an email to our support and seek remote assistance. Email address: support@dji.com
2022-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules