Canon M50 and Ronin SC: What gives?
2743 4 2021-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LunarGlowMedia
lvl.2

United States

I bought my ronin SC to go with my M50 Mark I, really impressed by the software features. After getting the gimbal, getting over the small learning curve to balance it properly, and taking it for a spin I was sorely disapointed. Most of the modes seem to do absolutely nothing, same with the trigger at the back, and the app kept telling me that my shutter control wasn't connected.  So after picking it up to see if I could get it to work right several more times I dig deeper than I did before, and low and behold I find out that the latest compatable firmware is 1.0.2. I cannot roll my firmware back. So to recap, I have a gimbal that only functions as what it was advertized as at a VERY basic level because of a software incompatability that NO ONE is going to find before they purchase the product. I can't even upgrade to the RSC2, because it says the same bloody thing on its compatability page too!

If I had a M50 MkII? No problem it seems, which is a shame because had I known that I wouldn't have the full features of my gimbal unless I spent the roughly 100 extra dollars to get the MkII version.
Like, I really don't even know what this post is for except to voice my dissatisfaction with the whole experience I've had with this damn product. I saved up money to invest in my business and now that that savings has been expended I have a USELESS product because information was hidden from myself as the consumer.
2021-10-10
Use props
LunarGlowMedia
lvl.2

United States

I feel like I bought a new car, but the none of the electronics work. No power windows or locks, no stereo, no heated seats, no remote start. Those were all factors in my purchase decision.
2021-10-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

LunarGlowMedia Posted at 10-10 09:23
I feel like I bought a new car, but the none of the electronics work. No power windows or locks, no stereo, no heated seats, no remote start. Those were all factors in my purchase decision.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. You may refer to this link for the compatibility of Ronin SC: https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility?product=ronin-sc   
Furthermore, please kindly know that the latest firmware version of Ronin SC is V1.6.0.50.
If you have any questions, please feel free to talk. Your advice will be forwarded to our designated department, too. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2021-10-10
Use props
LunarGlowMedia
lvl.2

United States

The gimbal firmware was one of the first things I checked.

I checked the compatibility list, and there is absolutely nothing on that page that would suggest that there would be no way to use any of the app features due to firmware restrictions. That's really where I'm upset. I spent a not inconsiderable amount of money on both my camera and gimbal with plans on how I would use functions that I cannot use unless I buy either an m50 Mk II or a M6 MII, and I don't have 600 dollars to marginally upgrade the body I already have much less the 800 the M6 would cost me.  At the very least this warning should be prominent on the compatibility page until y'all can figure out how to get the app to talk to current firmware.

It's just disheartening when you're trying to save and invest in and build a business from scratch to find out that a huge percentage of that investment would have been spent better elsewhere. I wouldn't be as upset as I am if it had just been a failure to research, but the information is hidden in a way that one only realized that there is an incompatibility once the product has already been purchased. This is a huge oversight, and can be mitigated moving forward by having your web team spend the 10 minutes it takes to add a warning about the firmware.  
2021-10-11
Use props
Basti_G
lvl.1

Germany

Wow. Terrible news. Just hold the newly acquired Ronin SC in my hand, am researching why the M50MK1 can not be controlled with the Ronin SC and find this...

@DJI: Why do you show the M50 as compatible. Usually your products are right on and to a point impressive. In this case I don't know what to say, except making my expectation known that the M50 MK1 should work. What is the issue? Would like to hear from a developer.

2022-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules