Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Air 2s “RC Not Connected to Mobile Device”
7447 18 2021-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jRiddell
lvl.1
Flight distance : 439232 ft
United States

Hello everyone!

My DJI Air 2s will not connect to my 12.9" iPad Pro. The Air 2s is updated to the latest firmware, and the iPad is on iOS 15.0.1. The drone connects just fine to my iPhone. It never used to do this, just one day it randomly wouldn't connect. It is not the cable or the controller port because the USB-C to USB-C cable works on other devices and the controller works with my iPhone.

Has anyone encountered this issue? Does anyone have a solution?

Thank you all for your time and help

2021-10-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there jRiddell. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) and kindly please try using a different cable if you have an extra one to connect the said DJI Remote Controller to the said mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. If the issue persist, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2021-10-10
Use props
jRiddell
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-10 19:37
Hello there jRiddell. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) and kindly please try using a different cable if you have an extra one to connect the said DJI Remote Controller to the said mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. If the issue persist, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

Stephen,

Thank you for the aid. Unfortunately, neither of those worked.

I did as you suggested: uninstalled and reinstalled the app  and used a different cable.

The controller has never worked with a different USB-C to USB-C cable by the way.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
2021-10-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

jRiddell Posted at 10-11 08:35
Stephen,

Hi there jRiddell. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps to fix the said issue and still the issue persist.  It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to evaluate the said DJI drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2021-10-14
Use props
jRiddell
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-14 22:07
Hi there jRiddell. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps to fix the said issue and still the issue persist.  It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to evaluate the said DJI drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

Stephen,

I have spoken with DJI Support and, quite frankly, they were of no help. After we went through everything they gave up and said there is nothing they can do.

This is very frustrating. I have had nothing but good things to say about DJI, and the drone has performed amazingly.

I do not mean to sound rude. I’m just disappointed that the customer service employee simply gave up.

How do I proceed?
2021-10-14
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just because your cable works with other devices or peripherals does not mean it can necessarily work with this application. There are subtle differences that may work on some devices and not others. Have you tried a new cable? Also, it is entirely possible that the connector on your device is faulty.
2021-10-14
Use props
jRiddell
lvl.1
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 10-14 22:29
Just because your cable works with other devices or peripherals does not mean it can necessarily work with this application. There are subtle differences that may work on some devices and not others. Have you tried a new cable?

I have tried the stock DJI cable, as well as: Apple, Logix and Belkin.

The stock DJI cable still works with other devices, which indicates it is not the cable.

Thank you for taking time to reply. Do you have other suggestions? Much appreciated.
2021-10-14
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Well, I would suspect the connector on your device or the software that controls it. Sorry, I can't help more. Try a hardware reset of the device?
2021-10-14
Use props
jRiddell
lvl.1
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 10-14 22:33
Well, I would suspect the connector on your device or the software that controls it. Sorry, I can't help more.

The connector on the iPad is functioning normally, so is the one on the controller because it works with other devices.

Thank you for your time. If you think of anything else or find a solution, please share with me.
2021-10-14
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

OK. IOs15 just came out 4 days ago, didn't it? I know nothing about Apple products, but maybe it's not supported yet by DJI?
2021-10-14
Use props
1129alexander
New

Kuwait

I encountered the same issue and cant find a solution , tried other cables  uninstalled the app and installed it again reset the drone n nothing worked i think there is an incompatibility issue
2021-12-20
Use props
IA-Flyer
lvl.2
United States

I have a tablet that connected to go 4 perfectly every time. But the fly app would never connect to this tablet.
I eventually connected an OTG cable to the controller and in my case a USB-A to USB-C cable to the tablet. It has worked perfectly every time ever since.
My tablet is Android but I thought this was worth mentioning.
2021-12-22
Use props
Ds67888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10657192 ft
  • >>>
United States

jRiddell Posted at 2021-10-14 22:22
Stephen,

I have spoken with DJI Support and, quite frankly, they were of no help. After we went through everything they gave up and said there is nothing they can do.

Same problem.
www.davethedroneguy.com
2022-4-25
Use props
Rick Edwards0
New

United States

jRiddell Posted at 2021-10-11 08:35
Stephen,

Same issue ! I have 2 air2s'a one works perfectly the other connects fine to the drone, but no output to the mobile device. I have tried everything! Including linking the other remote from the working 2s to the other one. No go. Can not get an output from the drone ! Just sticks on the fly now page
2022-5-17
Use props
Andreso
lvl.1

Sweden

I have this exact problem but not only with my ipad but with my iphone too. It wont recognize my devices, it eventually worked yerterday after 10-15min of restarting the controller and the app but the issue appeard again this morning.. i dont know what to do. Super annoying. Plz let me know if anyone find a solution. thx
2022-8-3
Use props
djiuser_jIqBkxILmSRh
New
Flight distance : 24951 ft
United States

Andreso Posted at 8-3 23:00
I have this exact problem but not only with my ipad but with my iphone too. It wont recognize my devices, it eventually worked yerterday after 10-15min of restarting the controller and the app but the issue appeard again this morning.. i dont know what to do. Super annoying. Plz let me know if anyone find a solution. thx

Same issue here with Ipad Pro 3rd Generation 12.9 inch. This is a really disappointing start with my first drone which is also a DJI Air 2S. I chose DJI because of the perceived quality but as I find more and more hardware and software supportability issues I become less and less disenchanted with DJI.
2022-9-16
Use props
boberocket
New
Flight distance : 24951 ft
United States

Good news there is a workaround and a proper solution. In this same forum look for the thread iPad Pro problem with DJI app (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235826).
The work around is to hook everything up to your ipad (controller/aircraft) and then plug the charger into the bottom of the controller. This allows the app to connect. You can then disconnect the charger and it looks like it will work.

In the included thread above there is additional information on purchasing the apropriate RC USB cable.
2022-9-16
Use props
fansd7df233a
New

United States

can confirm this works
2022-10-1
Use props
djiuser_bpAalRgH99ae
New

Jamaica

Having the same issue.