Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Advanced GPS position not precise
1768 16 2021-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ALEXEY007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1609432 ft
Mexico

Hello everyone...
I have a hard landing with my P4A.
Already replaced the landing gear.
Then try to fly, but GPS showed the position of the aircarft ‎between 2 to ‎3 meters away from the home point and the home point out of the precise place, with the aircraft landed. I decided try to fly. Once i started the aircraft and take off, it ascend by itself and tried to move to the home point, out of control, with a minimal responding to remote control commands. It was dificult to land the drone, i had to activate the emergency stop to slow it down and land.
I decided to replace the GPS module with a new one DJI Genuine and after install it, it shows, in the app, the same thing: Home point out of precision and the drone 2 to 3 meters away from the home point... app shows the home point and a green line till the drone icon. Often shows a flying path like the drone has fly a little route. Distance in the app is increasing and decreasing between the range of 2 to 3 meters, as if the drone been always in movement but with the drone standing. This happens only with GPS showing conected satelites. When satelites are detected and GPS positioning is working, it starts to show faulty measurements about the position.

All opinions will be apreciatted, thank you for guidance.
2021-10-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ALEXEY007. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and thank you for reaching out.  Since there was a hard landing that happened before on your DJI Phantom 4 Advanced  before and now you are experiencing these issue on the said DJI Drone. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We will do there best to assist you and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for this trouble and thank you.
2021-10-10
Use props
ALEXEY007
lvl.2
Mexico

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-10 19:42
Hello there ALEXEY007. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and thank you for reaching out.  Since there was a hard landing that happened before on your DJI Phantom 4 Advanced  before and now you are experiencing these issue on the said DJI Drone. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We will do there best to assist you and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for this trouble and thank you.

I will do it, thank you very much!
2021-10-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Then try to fly, but GPS showed the position of the aircarft ‎between 2 to ‎3 meters away from the home point and the home point out of the precise place, with the aircraft landed. I decided try to fly. Once i started the aircraft and take off, it ascend by itself and tried to move to the home point, out of control, with a minimal responding to remote control commands. It was dificult to land the drone, i had to activate the emergency stop to slow it down and land.
I decided to replace the GPS module with a new one DJI Genuine and after install it, it shows, in the app, the same thing: Home point out of precision and the drone 2 to 3 meters away from the home point... app shows the home point and a green line till the drone icon. Often shows a flying path like the drone has fly a little route. Distance in the app is increasing and decreasing between the range of 2 to 3 meters, as if the drone been always in movement but with the drone standing. This happens only with GPS showing conected satelites. When satelites are detected and GPS positioning is working, it starts to show faulty measurements about the position.

It's amazing how useless the moderators here are for even basic technical questions like this.
Ignore his recommendation as there is nothing that can be done to improve your drone because there is nothing wrong with your drone.

The problem is your understanding of GPS accuracy.
GPS is not pinpoint accurate and horizontal position errors of 2-3 metres are common and normal.

2021-10-12
Use props
ALEXEY007
lvl.2
Mexico

Labroides Posted at 10-12 06:29
Then try to fly, but GPS showed the position of the aircarft ‎between 2 to ‎3 meters away from the home point and the home point out of the precise place, with the aircraft landed. I decided try to fly. Once i started the aircraft and take off, it ascend by itself and tried to move to the home point, out of control, with a minimal responding to remote control commands. It was dificult to land the drone, i had to activate the emergency stop to slow it down and land.
I decided to replace the GPS module with a new one DJI Genuine and after install it, it shows, in the app, the same thing: Home point out of precision and the drone 2 to 3 meters away from the home point... app shows the home point and a green line till the drone icon. Often shows a flying path like the drone has fly a little route. Distance in the app is increasing and decreasing between the range of 2 to 3 meters, as if the drone been always in movement but with the drone standing. This happens only with GPS showing conected satelites. When satelites are detected and GPS positioning is working, it starts to show faulty measurements about the position.

Right, agree...
May be some screen captures help to understand this issue
2021-10-12
Use props
ALEXEY007
lvl.2
Mexico

2021-10-12
Use props
ALEXEY007
lvl.2
Mexico

2021-10-12
Use props
ALEXEY007
lvl.2
Mexico

2021-10-12
Use props
ALEXEY007
lvl.2
Mexico

2021-10-12
Use props
ALEXEY007
lvl.2
Mexico

2021-10-12
Use props
ALEXEY007
lvl.2
Mexico

2021-10-12
Use props
ALEXEY007
lvl.2
Mexico

Drone in the same place, map showing as it moves around
2021-10-12
Use props
ALEXEY007
lvl.2
Mexico

2021-10-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

ALEXEY007 Posted at 10-12 13:38
Drone in the same place, map showing as it moves around

That is not a problem.
GPS gives location data each 1/10th of a second.
And each location reported can be slightly different, but usually within 2-3 metres of the precise location.

There is no problem with your drone's GPS.
It's behaving the same way all consumer GPS receivers do.
You cannot rely on it for measurements of 2-3 metres.

See here for more information:
https://www.gps.gov/systems/gps/ ... uracy/#how-accurate

2021-10-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Igorka Posted at 10-12 18:12
I'm sure if this will help, but try to calibrate IMU and Compass.

1.  He doesn't have a problem that needs to be fixed.
2.  No amount of recalibrating the compass or IMU will have any effect on GPS precision.

3.  Why make suggestions when you have no idea that they are relevant?
2021-10-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ALEXEY007 Posted at 10-11 08:17
I will do it, thank you very much!

Hi there ALEXEY007. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2021-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules