Blade Chroma?
4819 7 2015-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chappy4838
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11214 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone got any experience of Blade/Yuneec Chroma?

2015-7-30
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

What is this?
2015-7-30
Use props
Khador
lvl.2
Flight distance : 668100 ft
United States

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Yuneec+Chroma
2015-7-30
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Khador Posted at 2015-7-31 02:02
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Yuneec+Chroma

WOW that takes balls.  Go to the DJI sponsored site and ask about a competitor.  LOL{:2_27:}
2015-7-30
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

At the risk of getting slammed (and removed!), I'll bite!

Bought one at a local hobby store a couple of days ago. Rather than post my email and have you contact me there, there are likely others who might like a comparison. So......

Less than $1,100 (includes Florida state sales tax) for the 1080p camera model (that's the CG02 camera and is essentially the same camera as the Blade 350 QX3). and a single battery. Comes "standard" with a single battery and charger, plus a very small complement of tools - they (the manufacturer) apparently anticipate you digging inside the bird!

Got the geo-fence changed - it comes by default with something like 100 feet high and 600 feet away. The camera in my P3P is far better - there are a lot of options for resolution, ISO, shutter speed, etc. You get 1080p and full auto for everything else (as far as I can tell).

The built-in screen provides similar information as the Pilot app, but the Pilot app (mine is Android) provides far far more info than I get on the screen of the controller. The Chroma is a tad bigger than the Phantom, but I think the Phantom has a bit more zip. The Chroma is quite stable, but doesn't appear as powerful as the Phantom.

The "speed wheel" is an interesting concept. If you set it on "rabbit" when you press on the right stick, it zips right along in that direction. Need more control and slower speed? Move the wheel to the "turtle" setting. Now, when you push on the stick, even full forward is not nearly as quick as the "rabbit" mode.

In my personal opinion, the Phantom 3 offers far more versatility, a better camera (and a devil of a lot more control over that camera), a bit more zip and a Pilot app that will ultimately be far more than what Yuneeq offers for the Blade (and it's own Yuneeq copter).

Personally speaking, I opted for a Blade Chroma for only one major reason - I don't have to have a separate "mobile device" to operate any aspect of the copter. The range on the video is significantly less than what's available on the Phantom and the information displayed doesn't contain nearly as much info as the Pilot app. But, I decided that I'm never going to be a professional videographer. My forte is apparently flying around taking home movies. The distance I fly from where I'm standing and the WiFi signal provided is more than adequate for such "casual" use.

Still photos are 16 megapixel. Advertised flight time is 30 minutes. I really like reviews and comments I see from Drone Camps and they insist the 30 minutes is a real number. My personal experience is more like 23 - 24 minutes. That's probably more than I'm comfortable with. I've done virtually nothing so far that requires anywhere near that much time.

If you already have a good mobile device you're most likely getting a huge bang for your buck with a Phantom 3. I'm not that demanding and wanted the convenience of an all-in-one package the Chroma offers.

Still undecided whether to keep my Phantom for a while or sell it. Certainly hard to justify having one that spends most of its time on the shelf!
2015-7-30
Use props
Khador
lvl.2
Flight distance : 668100 ft
United States

acenothing Posted at 2015-7-31 04:08
WOW that takes balls.  Go to the DJI sponsored site and ask about a competitor.  LOL

Best way to advertise...
2015-7-30
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great review by aburke above - these things are tools and if they do what you want or need you don't need to do more.

Other than the built-in screen I suspect that - stat for stat and even total reliability - the Chroma does not match the P3. Reliability is a tough metric because so few Chromas have been sold....but the model it is based on (350) seemed to not have the reputation for being a workhorse. I liked the way it handled and never had a problem - but many others did with props, GPS and component failures.

An arse for every seat. You may like a Buick but I think my 2010 Passat is a great car and value.
2015-7-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Personally, and personality, I Love being a Can Am SpYder RYder...  RS-S baby...
Yes it's also a private rocket ship... And I can visit other galaxies with her... Hahaha
Sailing past a silver lined cloud right about,,,, Now. Wow, That was refreshing. ;-)

Everybody has different tastes, and some only get a bitter taste in their mouth from DJI.
They should OBVIOUSLY find a different manufacturer or delve deeply, into a separate, but equally exciting hobby.
If the product is so bad, get out, while the getting is still good. You won't be missed by me.

RedHotPoker
2015-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules