4285 6 2021-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BravoFoxtrot255
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4980 ft

United Kingdom

Hi all,

I recently sold my Phantom 3 Advanced to someone with no drone experience. They're saying that the drone won't work, I've tried doing some video help but haven't really been able to get anywhere.

Phantom turns on, beeps and guimbal does it's check. It moves, it has no problem. The controller turns on and links to the phone. The phantom and controller are communicating as you can see the camera's output on the phone. The status lights are solid red at the front and flashing green at the back. It gets a GPS lock and says ready to fly, but doing the CSC (both diagnonally down and in) does absolutly nothing. No motor noise, no juddering, just nothing. No error messages on the app.

I haven't flown the phantom for about 2 years but before that it was absoloutly fine, no crashes or anything. I've tried going through the manual/googling but as there's no error messages showing it's really hard to work out what's going on. Firmware is up to date, buyer reports that they calibrated the compass.

Does anyone have any advice?
2021-10-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BravoFoxtrot255. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know if you are getting any error messages on the DJI Go application and may we also know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please. In addition, kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and can give out the best resolution for this issue? Thank you.
2021-10-11
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I would calibrate the controller - see if that helps.  
2021-10-12
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 10-12 05:19
I would calibrate the controller - see if that helps.

True, if the joysticks are out they could be not giving the start signal!! When you do the calibration, don't forget the camera control as well.
2021-10-12
Use props
djiuser_vIk1GCtpvGba
lvl.2

United States

He may be getting an error message but not seeing.

I have been battling my startup on my 3 advance also. It’s been put up for over 8 months. Got it working but it’s a long story.(Battery, Cable, props, to much around inside I had interference ). Patience

Tell the person to remove the propellers and take outside away from metal. Turn phone off and on  (if that’s his means to view ).  Make sure he has exited the Go App. I just go into store and it logs me off.

When sets it down.  Start phone app, remote and then drone.  I let it sit for a while till either till the home points set. I then tap on the top left GPS, look for messages and go and recalibrate. It took a few times but finally got it to let me power up the props.
2021-10-12
Use props
BravoFoxtrot255
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4980 ft

United Kingdom

Hi all, thanks for the messages and responses. Unfortunately (?Fortunately) the buyer stopped responding to my messages so I can only assume they've fixed it. Hopefully if anyone finds themselves in a similar situation the suggestions here will help!
2021-10-14
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

That's a shame, always like to get a definitive result, know what worked!!
2021-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules