2798 5 2021-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisUK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1826421 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Could I ask for some opinions from my video that I shot on Thursday, as in the video it looks like at the begining, the picture is slightly tilted to the left.

Checking the drone (DJI Mini 2) it doesn't look crooked, and when turning it on the camera gimbal seems to rotate and adjust as normal, and when tilting the drone left and right the camera maintaines its central position - it's just in the video it feels like it's a croocked shot.

2021-10-11
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

It appears to be because of wind. The Mini 2 gimbal can only handle so much wind before it tilts. What did the lower left corner compass show?
2021-10-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ChrisUK. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know if your DJI Mini 2 had a hard landing or a crash before this issue happened and did you noticed any error message showing on the DJI Fly application? In addition kindly please try to check is the firmware of your DJI Mini 2 is up to date and please try to calibrate the gimbal of the said DJI drone as well for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.
2021-10-11
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-11 11:01
It appears to be because of wind. The Mini 2 gimbal can only handle so much wind before it tilts. What did the lower left corner compass show?

Not so, theres little to no wind on his flight, also, i had this issue and no amount of calibrating helped, i sent it back to amazon who replaced it and the new one was perfect, even in 25mph gusts, the gimbal can handle a lot more than folks think, you will know when its the wind effecting it because the gimbal will twitch as it reaches its limit and at the limit the ac is at one help of an angle, if i remember right it was under 45º. but again, in this video, there's hardly any wind that i can see.

OP, try calibrating it on a flat surface then take it back up if its level, turn the drone around slowly and see if it stays level, if it does not then there is an issue, if its new, then return it for a replacement
2021-10-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

^^^^.  Exactly what Bashy said....
2021-10-12
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 10-11 21:24
Not so, theres little to no wind on his flight, also, i had this issue and no amount of calibrating helped, i sent it back to amazon who replaced it and the new one was perfect, even in 25mph gusts, the gimbal can handle a lot more than folks think, you will know when its the wind effecting it because the gimbal will twitch as it reaches its limit and at the limit the ac is at one help of an angle, if i remember right it was under 45º. but again, in this video, there's hardly any wind that i can see.

OP, try calibrating it on a flat surface then take it back up if its level, turn the drone around slowly and see if it stays level, if it does not then there is an issue, if its new, then return it for a replacement

One thing that made me think wind, is that when he yawed, the horizon seemed to straighten. Then went crooked as he went farther.
2021-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules