7788 1 2021-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Atlasus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 211293 ft

Poland

Hi there,
I know that I'm new to this forum but i haven't find any simillar topic to this one. My company have a couple of M300 and We're working on a electricity solutions.
Ok, but let's talk about actual topic. I'm trying to make a database for a specific type of waypoints missions to later use or to use with any other M300.
Specifically make an planned actions in fixed order when hovering on a waypoint. I've even made my own KML exporter wchich allows me to export my own cordinates with planned actions to DJI PILOT. But i doesn't work properlly. M300 move from point to point but i can't make any actions planed, even if the voice is saying "arraive at waypoint, starting action task" it just dosn't do anything. Why i did that? Becouse DJI Terra doesn't provide that and even any other third party applications. We have a DJI Terra Electricity version. It can only export a empty waypoints becouse it supports only actions for old phantom 4. And this when I've started to asking, why? And we arrived to the signature thing in this post.
When exporting a mission planned on smart controller in DJI Pilot App you can't import it even in the same device for later missions.
Ofc you can import it anyway but every action on every waypoint it looks like this:

and it doesn't work.
The thing that made my day too is when you plan actions for waypoints in Terra after importing it into m300 you can normally see it but the aircraft is considered as other and
you're getting the meesage:

Ok, I don't want to complain or look like this. But is there any posiible way to plan a mission in one m300 even using smartc and send it to any other m300 which can make every planed action on a waypoint? And does exporting and importing planned mission in smartc should look like picture 1 or does it's a bug?
2021-10-11
Use props
fans5b25584c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

It seems like its always been DJI policy to not allow access to mission and log files, and the M300 continues that tradition.

If you make a mission like you want, export the mission as a KML, then open the KML with a text editor, you will be able to see the waypoint functions that you're after have been exported.

When you export a mission as a KML, then re-import it on the same machine, do the waypoint actions make it back properly? I've never tried that.

I have been able to come up with a way to export mapping missions to KML on a computer, then load them on the M300 to fly, but they don't involve any waypoint actions, so I can't help with that.

I have used generated KML files as a way to get around the single autofocus problem with mapping missions, but it's very tedious.

Mapping missions are inherently simpler than the discreet waypoint missions.

Moving a complete mission from one controller to another is an interesting problem. I'll have to look at an exported KML to see if there is anything like a machine serial number that could be causing your problem.

It's certainly a brute force workaround, but an option to find the mission file would be to make an image of an entire M300 controller file structure on a computer using the USB port, then define a single mission, then make another image and find what's been changed. Assuming the mission file is stored as a single file, and you can find where the new file is, you might be able to transport just that file to another M300 controller, put it in the same place, then see if it shows up.

The bottom line is I have never understood why DJI encodes log files and hides mission files.

Just silly.

Think of how nice the world would be if you could just read log files without having to send them to someone else and copy and edit mission files on another computer. Someday somebody else will make devices as good as DJI, but without the smoke and mirrors of files.

I'll be standing in line to get one
2021-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules