Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Changing Sunlight Makes Gimbal Glitch?
386 5 2021-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lg209
lvl.1

United States

Hey guys, I am a videographer that requires steady footage while walking. I notice that when the sunlight changes (example - I come out from the shadow of a building into the sunlight), the gimbal gradually, but quickly, begins to roll downward completely. I've also noticed instances where it shakes back & forth for a few seconds and sometimes rolls downward as well. It's very annoying because it's difficult to tell exactly when it's going to happen, so I need to keep looking at my Pocket to make sure the gimbal is still parallel to the ground, which is how I always want it. Is there any workarounds to this or any way I can prevent this from happening?

I use PRO mode, 4k/60fps, Slow Follow, with FPV on. Would Tilt Locked help with this issue?
2021-10-11
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Tilt lock mode?
2021-10-11
Use props
lg209
lvl.1

Canada

Igorka Posted at 10-12 19:00
I think tilt lock mode might help.

Will try that. A little surprised this issue seems to be unknown
2021-10-13
Use props
John Walker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I've never experienced this problem.  I'm wondering if you have a faulty unit.
2021-10-15
Use props
lg209
lvl.1

Canada

John Walker Posted at 10-15 04:10
I've never experienced this problem.  I'm wondering if you have a faulty unit.

I don't believe so. I've talked with a couple other Osmo Pocket users and it happens to them too. Maybe I explained it wrong? I don't know, in my experience when the sunlight changes it tends to do that. Not all the time though, it feels very random. The gimbal doesn't spaz out or anything, it just slowly starts tilting down until the gimbal lens is facing me.
2021-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules