Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Has anyone actually reported the app issues?
433 14 2021-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks, has anyone actually reported the app issues to support, whilst I don't think I have read every single reply, I have not seen one where someone has stated that they've reported it, apologies if you did say it an I missed it.

I am only asking because the duff app is still available to download....  1633680172295-DJI-v1.4.12-210929-1386-48629-official-sec (1).apk
notice the (1) means its an identical file name...

Should we all report it separately?
2021-10-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Still waiting for the update to be released here sadly..  
2021-10-12
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Bashy,

files with exactly the same name, will get a (x)-number when downloading on Windows. That doesn't mean the content is the same. But most of the time, the subnumber 1386 would be altered, unless they solved the problem but didn't change the subnumber. I've encountered something like that in the past.

Let's hope we see a different subnumber in a couple of days.

No reaction by DJI on the many reports of the bugs in different groups, whatsoever.

Lucky I downloaded the former 1.4.8 version on my pc. I'm not into life streaming video but the homepoint on the "radar" is an indication I use to get the drone in the right direction. Better a usefull app than one with features I do not use and being eratic in the ones I use.
2021-10-12
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JohnDG Posted at 10-12 03:23
Bashy,

files with exactly the same name, will get a (x)-number when downloading on Windows. That doesn't mean the content is the same. But most of the time, the subnumber 1386 would be altered, unless they solved the problem but didn't change the subnumber. I've encountered something like that in the past.

I did test it again this morning, and it's still the same crap, I don't want to report it if others already have.

I have a screen recording of the radar, it's weird the way the controller spt jumps when the drone flies to a certain spot, gonna upload it now and post it,
2021-10-12
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 10-12 03:41
I did test it again this morning, and it's still the same crap, I don't want to report it if others already have.

I have a screen recording of the radar, it's weird the way the controller spt jumps when the drone flies to a certain spot, gonna upload it now and post it,

Bashy, report the problems you know of as every acknowledgement will hopefully motivate DJI to fix this version! If this fails for everyone it is easy for them to repeat and theoretically fix. As 1.4.8 version (1120) had big issues for me and some others, DJI never posted a fix per se. (1185) Beta was released through other forum members.
2021-10-12
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

videoeditman Posted at 10-12 04:12
Bashy, report the problems you know of as every acknowledgement will hopefully motivate DJI to fix this version! If this fails for everyone it is easy for them to repeat and theoretically fix. As 1.4.8 version (1120) had big issues for me and some others, DJI never posted a fix per se. (1185) Beta was released through other forum members.

This would be my 1st reporting, whats the process for software issues, the same as hardware? using the DJI Online Repair process?
2021-10-12
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Paladin wrote this:

Hello, JJB. We're sorry if you are having trouble with the latest version, I will take note of this and will surely forward to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

So i hope the DJI software engineers are busy busy busy rewriting some code.....

AND if DJI is clever than they replace the FlyApp compass/att indicator with the Go4 one....1000x better to use (as ref is the RC and not the drone)

cheers
JJB
2021-10-12
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 10-12 04:28
Paladin wrote this:

Hello, JJB. We're sorry if you are having trouble with the latest version, I will take note of this and will surely forward to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ah thats something at least, i am in the process of uploading the video to GDrive in case they cant use youtube and i will email support too
2021-10-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 10-12 04:36
Ah thats something at least, i am in the process of uploading the video to GDrive in case they cant use youtube and i will email support too

Never hurts to provide more info for the software developers to view.  Maybe it will help them sort out the issues.  Unfortunately, DJI has never been quick to fix App issues.  Seems they tend to drag their feet on solving issues.  Would really be nice if they thoroughly tested App updates before releasing for users to implement.  
2021-10-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

People will never learn what is a very simple leson............ NEVER BE ONE OF THE FIRST TO TRY THE NEW APP.     IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT
2021-10-12
Use props
dji_MODDER
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-12 08:17
People will never learn what is a very simple leson............ NEVER BE ONE OF THE FIRST TO TRY THE NEW APP.     IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT

Agree, also find out if the update is for your drone and add some new stuff otherwise skip it.
2021-10-12
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

People will never learn what is a very simple leson............ NEVER BE ONE OF THE FIRST TO TRY THE NEW APP.     IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT

Well, if nobody will test it in the field and nobody complains, you get stocked with the same software, no progress. They will even slower correct the problem because less or no complains.
And as DJI did before to link a firmware upgrade to a software upgrade, you might have more difficulties to upgrade from an older software.

Just a tought.

If reverting the software/firmware is the sollution, no harm to test a new version. For that reason I keep a copy of the former (working) version on my pc. Just some time lost, testing the new version.
2021-10-12
Use props
Marsupilami
lvl.2
Flight distance : 587615 ft
Germany

People will never learn what is a very simple leson............ NEVER BE ONE OF THE FIRST TO TRY THE NEW APP.     IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT

People will never learn what is a very simple lesson............ Ships are only safe in harbour - but that's not what ships are built for.  
2021-10-13
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

There is a new version 1.4.12 (1410) original 1.4.12 was (1386), some say only Mini 2 Front LED not functional?? I have not tested this yet.
Try this newer version from the App store, no name change. DJI Fly App New versions
2021-10-13
Use props
Abel nt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77398 ft
Spain

1 14 12 (1410)  for me works fine.
No disconection, no black screen, no Crash....
Compass works fine too.
All day flyng and no problems.
2021-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules