DJI Fly app Crashes on startup for iphone 13 pro max Mavic Air 2
4927 19 2021-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KryosChaos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1572595 ft
United States

Every time I open the DJI fly app on the Iphone 13 pro max it crashes.  The second time i open it, it runs.  Every time i open it.  This is Brand new phone this week and it is running latest release on the firmware and app itself.  

2021-10-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there KryosChaos. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPhone 13 Pro Max ) that your are using to fly on your DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPhone 13 Pro Max will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Air 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads ). Thank you.
2021-10-12
Use props
KryosChaos
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-12 19:05
Hello there KryosChaos. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPhone 13 Pro Max ) that your are using to fly on your DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPhone 13 Pro Max will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Air 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads ). Thank you.

1) This does not crash when using my iPad Pro 11 so the issue is with the iPhone 13 pro max
2) ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR EVER LIVING MIND… You are going to tell me that the fly app is not on the approved list because you have not updated your software yet.  So it sounds like you need to get with the program and realize that you probably need to update for the IOS 15 and also the new hardware associated with it.  

So update your software and stop being simple…. The update has been available to developers for 5 months... so you have very little excuse
2021-10-13
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314419 ft
United States

I'm using an iPhone 13 Pro (not Max, but same other than size) -- and have had no crashes.  Everything working great, slightly smoother than on my old iPhone 11Pro.
I recommend deleting DJI Fly, then reinstalling again from App store.  That will clear out all old data and app settings, which might help.  

Also of note:  I am using v 1.4.8, and have NOT updated firmware even though I got the "new Mavic Air 2 firmware available" notice in DJI Fly.
2021-10-13
Use props
KryosChaos
lvl.3
United States

Scott108 Posted at 10-13 15:22
I'm using an iPhone 13 Pro (not Max, but same other than size) -- and have had no crashes.  Everything working great, slightly smoother than on my old iPhone 11Pro.
I recommend deleting DJI Fly, then reinstalling again from App store.  That will clear out all old data and app settings, which might help.  

I have had it tell me there are updates but it is not actually updating anything.  
2021-10-13
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314419 ft
United States

Which firmware does your drone have?  I'm running the 4/15/2021 release,  v01.01.0610.   I'm seeing a message for a new version, but haven't downloaded it.  I *suspect* this is the version which as released in early September, then "pulled" because of problems.  Maybe it's fixed now (and maybe it isn't).

So check and see if your drone has v01.01.0610, or something later.   I can say that with .0610, iPhone 13Pro, iOS 15.0.0 / 15.0.1 / 15.0.2, and DJI Fly 1.4.8 --- I've had no problems.
2021-10-13
Use props
KryosChaos
lvl.3
United States

Scott108 Posted at 10-13 15:22
I'm using an iPhone 13 Pro (not Max, but same other than size) -- and have had no crashes.  Everything working great, slightly smoother than on my old iPhone 11Pro.

I have gotten that firmware update myself but yet when I go to see it there is not a firmware update
2021-10-14
Use props
KryosChaos
lvl.3
United States

Scott108 Posted at 10-13 15:43
Which firmware does your drone have?  I'm running the 4/15/2021 release,  v01.01.0610.   I'm seeing a message for a new version, but haven't downloaded it.  I *suspect* this is the version which as released in early September, then "pulled" because of problems.  Maybe it's fixed now (and maybe it isn't).

So check and see if your drone has v01.01.0610, or something later.   I can say that with .0610, iPhone 13Pro, iOS 15.0.0 / 15.0.1 / 15.0.2, and DJI Fly 1.4.8 --- I've had no problems.

I just downloaded 01.01.0670 and it installed correctly and from what i can tell it stoped the instant crash. that release has to be recent last 3 days type of recent
2021-10-17
Use props
Eacutemoslashntilde Hoslashssaacutei
New

Canada

I just recently bought mavic air 2 and whenever i try to connect the controller, it says that accessory is not supported by this device? Anyone knows whats the reason behind it?
2022-1-14
Use props
TomBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 913891 ft
United Kingdom

Eacutemoslashntilde Hoslashssaacutei Posted at 1-14 22:33
I just recently bought mavic air 2 and whenever i try to connect the controller, it says that accessory is not supported by this device? Anyone knows whats the reason behind it?

What device are you using?
2022-1-15
Use props
EmpieDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 741102 ft
Belgium

I have the latest firmware on my MA2. Latest software on my iPhone max 13. Not any problems. Everything runs smoothly. And yes if some apps are crashing?  Try to remove them.  And reinstall the app.
2022-1-15
Use props
KryosChaos
lvl.3
United States

Eacutemoslashntilde Hoslashssaacutei Posted at 1-14 22:33

This really needs to be its own question...  it is not an app / firmware question
2022-1-15
Use props
AE1M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1862884 ft
United States

I have 13 Pro Max running IOS 15.2.1 with DJI Fly 1.5.4 and works fine.   I dont understand the reply you got from DJI.
2022-1-16
Use props
KryosChaos
lvl.3
United States

AE1M Posted at 1-16 17:54
I have 13 Pro Max running IOS 15.2.1 with DJI Fly 1.5.4 and works fine.   I dont understand the reply you got from DJI.

I have not been impressed with their support.  90% of the time I find out more issues and solutions from this forum than from there.  Their input is typically either off base, so vague as to be useless, or just wrong.  
2022-1-17
Use props
S4GDroneService
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Using DJI Mavic 2 Pro + iPhone 13 v iOS 15.3 + DJI Pilot.  Result = "DJI Pilot Not Available for Current Device....."

How on earth can that be possible? Come on DJI please don't say 'please use appropriate device' as an iPhone has always been 'appropriate'. Just seems that the DJI Apps haven't been updated to keep up with the progress of Smart Phones.

I look forward to a release from DJI to update the Apps (all of them).

Screen shot from phone:
2022-2-8
Use props
KryosChaos
lvl.3
United States

S4GDroneService Posted at 2-8 05:18
Using DJI Mavic 2 Pro + iPhone 13 v iOS 15.3 + DJI Pilot.  Result = "DJI Pilot Not Available for Current Device....."

How on earth can that be possible? Come on DJI please don't say 'please use appropriate device' as an iPhone has always been 'appropriate'. Just seems that the DJI Apps haven't been updated to keep up with the progress of Smart Phones.

I have no idea what your issue is but it has nothing to do with my question that I asked
2022-2-8
Use props
djiuser_xNvizTY02o3j
New
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-10-12 19:05

Youve got to be kidding. I have a $1,000 drone and you haven’t updated the software compatibility for an iPhone 13 and the available iOS system?? Unbelievable. That’s terrible customer service. Terrible. When will this be fix so I may once again use my drone????
2022-3-5
Use props
djiuser_6EPS3Ie1T833
lvl.2
Flight distance : 374528 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-10-12 19:05

Following thread
2022-6-30
Use props
fans002e311d
lvl.1

United States

Same issue. Flying Mini 2 and never an issue. Updated firmware and now the app crashes after a minute of flight and I have to restart the app in flight  or just use the RTH button. Have cleared the cache and uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no improvement. iPhone 13Pro on iOS 17.3
1-28 14:53
Use props
fans002e311d
lvl.1

United States

Same issue. Flying Mini 2 and never an issue. Updated firmware and now the app crashes after a minute of flight and I have to restart the app in flight  or just use the RTH button. Have cleared the cache and uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no improvement. iPhone 13Pro on iOS 17.3
1-28 14:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules