FPV drone, motion controller and vertical descent.
2838 12 2021-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have just got and linked a motion controller to my FPV drone, during my first NERVOUS flight using that contoller I was able to trigger a vertical ascent, by tilting the controller 'upwards' and getting the white circle onto an arrow that appeared (where from memory the white circle changed colour) but I could NOT get find a similar, but presumably opposite, arrow when tilting the controller downward, nor could I get the white circle to change colour.

Thus I was unable to command a vertical descent via this method. I assume I am doing something wrong but do not know what.

So, what was I doing wrong?

I ended up having to press and hold the lock button to get it to 'land' and hand catch it on the way down. NOT A GOOD SITUATION.

A related question, can anyone confirm that, whilst seeking to initiate a vertical descent, the throttle trigger should be unpressed whist moving the white circle to the correct part of the screen and that once the circle has changed colour the trigger must be squeezed to get it to decsend? That is assuming I can ultimately get the circle to change colour when wanting to descend vertically.
Must the orientation of the controller be maintained during the descent? I did not take notice of the latter during the vertical ascent. A ability to capture a video of the screen would have been useful and is sorely missed.

I use Android screen devices and can not seem to get a simulator on them and my browsing suggests this may npt be possible. What might be the PC simulator will not run on my PC.

The following question has just come to mind, when using the motion controller what is the proper method to cancel a lock-button-sustained-press initiated landing?  I twisted the drone to 90deg in the above hand catch.

I am aware that the brake button halts an ''auto landing'' but do not know if a lock-button-sustained-press initiated landing counts as an ''auto landing''.

2021-10-12
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

Point the motion control a down pulls a trigger it comes down. Point the motion controller up it goes up pull the trigger. I've never paid attention to any color change. If it's coming down without you pulling the trigger it's auto landing

The simulator does not work on android. Nor does it work on a computer. So. So far DJI has only thought to grace Apple users with their simulator.

There are hundreds of videos on how to use the motion controller. Some of them even showed the screen. You should go on YouTube and see some of them. It's quite simple. I've never made one because they've done such a thorough job with the ones that are already there and is really not much to it
2021-10-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perhaps you would be kind enough to provide links to some videos that you consider good, it could save me hours trawling through the garbage. THEY MUST have subtitles, I am deaf.
2021-10-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-12 11:26
Perhaps you would be kind enough to provide links to some videos that you consider good, it could save me hours trawling through the garbage. THEY MUST have subtitles, I am deaf.

Lots of YouTube videos now have automatic subtitles.
2021-10-12
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
United States

I saw the first 2. I don't think they have sub titles. but type "dji fpv motion controller" and you will have to go through them. But like I said it's very simple even without sound it should be easy to figure out. DJI really out did their selves with this one. I don't use it much myself because I can use the regular control in M. But I carry it all the time and use it to let new people fly. From 8 up no one has had a problem. If it gets them into to it they'll go out and get their own and learn more.

2021-10-12
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-12 12:11
Lots of YouTube videos now have automatic subtitles.

I didn't know that. Thanks good fyi
2021-10-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SgtRay Posted at 10-12 12:19
I didn't know that. Thanks good fyi

No probs.  Welcome to the forum.  
2021-10-12
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-12 12:20
No probs.  Welcome to the forum.

lol thanks but I've been here for a while lol
2021-10-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SgtRay Posted at 10-12 13:46
lol thanks but I've been here for a while lol

Oh ok. I’ve never seen you post before and I’m fairly active here.   Obviously my bad.
2021-10-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Apologies. I just checked and I did miss two of your last posts.
2021-10-12
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-12 13:51
Apologies. I just checked and I did miss two of your last posts.

Lol that's OK. I've posted a lot of Chase videos.
2021-10-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SgtRay Posted at 10-12 16:23
Lol that's OK. I've posted a lot of Chase videos.

2021-10-12
Use props
dannydoidoi
lvl.2

Romania

The OP question still remains unanswered
How can you vertical descent?
2023-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules