Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Selecting codec H.264 or H265and frame rate
1216 7 2021-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
keir
lvl.1

Australia

I posted this to another forum section. it was suggested I post here

i have a Mavic Enterprise 2 dual thermal. The aircraft is awesome but there are some software problems.

I wish to set a frame rate of 48 frames a second (Standard for television in Australia) and set the codec.

I was unabl to find a menu the menu that allows these options to be set which should be in the right hand panel.

Eventually I discovered that if I boot the DJI controller while the  Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual drone is turned off, the right hand panel reveals options to set a codec and also the frame rate in the "video size" menu item. Unfortunately attempting to select a codec or frame rate in this state has no effect. Nothing can be selected and set.

If I turn the Mavic Drone  on, the controller returns automatically to the splash screen. Selecting "Pilot" and returning to the menu  (on the right side panel) there is no selection for a codec available .  In the selection for "video size" where you can normally select a frame  rate the only choice is 30fps.

Just to re-iterate, when the drone is turned on the options to set codec and frame rate do not appear.
When the drone is turned off the selections appear but the software won't accept any of the selections.

I have  updated the firmware and the problem persists.
2021-10-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When the drone is off. The app settings are generic and don’t apply to the drone that is paired.
2021-10-12
Use props
keir
lvl.1

Australia

DAFlys Posted at 10-12 14:25
When the drone is off. The app settings are generic and don’t apply to the drone that is paired.

If the settings would be accepted as generic that would be fine but the software doesn't allow a setting to be selected. In any event you should be able to select the setting with a paired drone.
2021-10-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

keir Posted at 10-12 16:07
If the settings would be accepted as generic that would be fine but the software doesn't allow a setting to be selected. In any event you should be able to select the setting with a paired drone.

The drone needs to be on so that the setting can be saved, the settings live in the drone and you could have more than one drone paired with the app which you want different settings for.
2021-10-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for any inconvenience. For now, Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual only supports H.264 video coding.
And the Visual Camera of Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual can only record 30fps video.
You may refer to the picture or the specification page of Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual.

Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2-enterprise/specs
2021-10-12
Use props
keir
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks for the information. I work with an Australian video editor who edits shows mostly for television.
They are reluctant to use any video I produce with the drone because of the 30fps frame rate.
The television standard in Australia is 24f/48fps apparently because out electricity system is 50 cycles per second.

This will change over time as free to air television moves to streaming and Youtube style viewing. I also think reality TV and relentless advertisements is killing free to air TV.

While 25fps is likely to disappear the H266 codec is the future so I look forward to the firmware upgrade that enables this option.
2021-10-13
Use props
EFRPIC
lvl.4

United States

It is unlikely you will see that format added to the Enterprise Dual as it is out of production. We are avidly waiting for firmware updates on the advanced however. If you don't need thermal, count your pennies toward the new Pro 3 (November 15th)

My 2 cents...
2021-10-13
Use props
keir
lvl.1

Australia

Thermal imaging capabilities of the Enterprise dual is why I bought  this amazing device.
I often join a sequence of infrared  images together in post processing on my computer.
Infra red is useful identifying anomalies in a landscape and also produces some very beautiful images.
It has the ability to find human beings at night and in particular locating someone lost in the outback.

IT is disappointing that DJI are discontinuing this model. It is a little unfair on customers that are still buying this machines.
2021-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules