Does the Ronin SC work with Nikon D810?
3611 7 2021-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tknees
lvl.1

Chile

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45)]
[color=rgb(255, 255, 255) !important]I just purchased a Ronin SC and I do not have a way to connect it to my Nikon D810. When I bought the device I was under the impression that it would work with my camera. I then got onto a plane and returned back to Santiago, Chile(where I live) all the way from California and started to put the gimbal together and then balance it but found no cable that will attach to my camera inside. Is this a major issue and will I be able to use this gimbal with my Nikon D810?

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45)]

2021-10-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience.
The Nikon D810 is supported by RoninS-C.
https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/ronin-sc/d810
About the control cable, would you please check if there are some cables like the picture in your box or not?

If not, you could order the cable you need at this link:
https://store.dji.com/category/r ... ?from=menu_products
Also, you can see more details in this link:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf
If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2021-10-12
Use props
djiuser_jAjX648gsHPo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67605 ft
United States

File this in the category of, "you learn new something every day." I just got a Ronin SC, and I shoot with a Nikon D500. The D500 is listed on DJI's compatibility list, and the manual says to use the USB C cable with the micro adapter. The D500 also has a Type 3 micro port, and no Type 3 micro adapter was included, which seemed really odd, to me.
I also tried a C to Type 3 micro cable I have for an external HDD, but no joy. I learned a couple of things reading forum comments including that the C to C camera cable is not just a standard C cable (DJI said they were in the process of developing a new cable for another camera), and, apparently, you can use just half the Type 3 micro port. An adapter that looks like a C to micro A adapter comes with the Ronin SC.
Long story short (I know - too late), I attached the DJI micro A adapter to the DJI camera control cable, plug the adapter into the bigger side of the Type 3 micro port (where it will fit), and my D500 works just fine. Enjoy!
2022-9-3
Use props
---
lvl.1

Germany

1) Hi, I have a Nikon D750. I do not want to connect Ronin SC and D750. Does the stabilization work without connection?
2) I have set up the D750 on the gimbal, balanced it, tested it  and have done the motor calibration, both without errors. The SC works if it is standing on a table. Everytime time I turn the power on, it goes to the straight forward position. But if I held it my hands and walk around, the stabilization don't work as expected. The gimbal moves up or down, left or right but not in the expected direction. What do I wrong?
2022-10-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

--- Posted at 10-27 05:23
1) Hi, I have a Nikon D750. I do not want to connect Ronin SC and D750. Does the stabilization work without connection?
2) I have set up the D750 on the gimbal, balanced it, tested it  and have done the motor calibration, both without errors. The SC works if it is standing on a table. Everytime time I turn the power on, it goes to the straight forward position. But if I held it my hands and walk around, the stabilization don't work as expected. The gimbal moves up or down, left or right but not in the expected direction. What do I wrong?

Hello, there. About your question, we will reply to you separately
1. Yes. Theoretically, if your camera is within the Maximum payload of the gimbal and pays attention to the center of the camera when balancing. Then, the gimbal will assist you in image stabilization.
2. If the gimbal doesn’t shake when staying still, but it shakes during recording while you are walking. Please perform the steps below:
1.  Balance the Ronin-S. For more details, watch the tutorial video

2. Ensure that the knobs on the gimbal are tightened. Check whether the connectors are obstructed by foreign objects.
3. Auto Tune: Go to the Ronin app and enter Auto Tune. There are three tuning aggressiveness profiles so you can adjust the stiffness value: High, Mid, and Low.
After Auto Tune, you can see detailed motor diagnosis at the bottom of the page. If the gimbal is properly balanced, the power value of the motors should be in the range of ±5. If the power consumption on a particular axis constantly goes beyond the range, balance the gimbal again.
4. Mounting lens support: It is recommended to mount the lens support.
5. Launch the DJI Ronin app and go to “User Profile”. Select Pan Follow mode and increase the deadband and decrease the sensitivity.
6. If there is no vibration when the gimbal rotates, manually adjust the stiffness of the pan motor.
7. Please enable the anti-shake function of the camera and lens.
2022-10-28
Use props
---
lvl.1

Germany

Hi, thank you for quick response.
No the Camera don't shake. I know this problem and I solved it. The camera and lens do not exceed the maximum weight, it is 1100g at the moment. The combination is balanced well, the test means "excellent". Nothing shakes. My problem is, that the camera do not point to same location while carrying it around, or in other words, the camera do not point straight forward. Instead the camera moves <slowly> to the side or down. I have seen videos of people using the D750 with ronin sc, it should work.
2022-10-28
Use props
---
lvl.1

Germany

It seems to me that the gimbal tries to overcompensate. What do you think?
2022-10-31
Use props
---
lvl.1

Germany

Hi, I have found out what's missing. Simply press and hold the front button. That's not mentioned in the quick start manual. Not in the german translation!
2022-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules