Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
dji a2 and s900 setup hints required please
3331 7 2014-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lukesworld1
New

Australia

hi there just setting up my new s900 with a2 fc was hoping somebody thats been there done that could please give me all their flight controller settings to start off with im not really familliar with the a2 so anything at all you can help with would be much appreciated so far im doing to hve the bare frame with 1800 grms of batteries and a gopro and its gimbal which might weigh 200-300 gms
regards luke
2014-11-27
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

You really need to learn the controller. If you have questions about an issue then ask but everyone's system will be a bit different.
2014-11-27
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't ever use someone else's setup. They many have things setup differently than you are expecting. You NEED to learn to do it your self and be sure of each and every function before your first flights. Also you should remove the camera. Never ever do first flights with extra equipment on board unless you are an expert. Every function can be tested on the bench before flying. The software assistant will help you see what the transmitter inputs are telling the controller to do. Just setup one channel at a time, after the primary 4 channels, then add the IOC and Mode. I would not setup landing gear on your first flights. Just leave that unplugged at first.

Important things to check before your first flight

Calibrate the sticks in the assistant
Make sure that the sticks are moving in the proper direction. You can reverse the direction in the assistant or the radio.
Check each motor rotation direction and that the props are pointed the right way.
Check that when you turn off the radio that the Assistant switched to failsafe mode
Calibrate the compass

Make you first takeoff on a flat deep lawn so that if there is a problem the blades won't be damaged if they hit.

I would not recommend the S900 as a first aircraft. It is better to learn setup procedures on something like a F450.
2014-11-28
Use props
lukesworld1
New

Australia

ok I might have undersold myself there a little im far from a new pilot just have only been using the naza m v2 and have had 2 years flying hex's with manual flight ie kk1 board with no auto level or gps ioc or rth which is where i started just was looking for a starting point for gain settings so I don't have anything drastically out of whack when I do my first lift off pretty sure dji actually suggest starting point settings somewhere in the naza m v2 online manual i believe from memory just couldnt find any for the a2    cheers for the tips so far guys !
2014-11-28
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Try 145 for basic and 135 for ATTI, adjust from there.
2014-11-29
Use props
apndrsn2
New

United States

I think the recommended default gain settings are in the appendix of the S900 manual.
2014-11-29
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

And extemly high and would not advise them for the first few flights with empty airframe. She will be extermly twitchy with those settings.
Even loaded these are way to high of a gain imho.
2014-11-29
Use props
lukesworld1
New

Australia

ok thanks very much that's precisely  the kind of info I was after you simply cant beat ''insider' knowledge from people who have been and done it and know what works in the real world
2014-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules