ipad mini 2 good enough for air 2s?
3912 7 2021-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tung256
lvl.1
United States

is the ipad mini2 good enough for the Fly app to fly this air 2s?  or do i need mini3 or mini4?

2021-10-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there tung256. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. After checking the said mobile device ( iPad Mini 2 ) that your are using to fly on your DJI Air 2S and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Air 2S and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPad Mini 2 will be able to work on the DJI Air 2S and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Air 2S. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Air 2S ( https://www.dji.com/air-2s/downloads ). Thank you.
2021-10-12
Use props
SjK_oldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73583045 ft
United States

No way.....
2021-10-13
Use props
SjK_oldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73583045 ft
United States

No way..... you need a 5 or latest
2021-10-13
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

DJI list says iPad mini 4 works!
2021-10-14
Use props
MikeMN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677031 ft
United States

videoeditman Posted at 10-14 05:13
DJI list says iPad mini 4 works!

I borrowed my daughter's ipad 4 and it constantly gives me the "mobile device CPU fully loaded" error.  The controller still works but the app freezes or has a terrible lag.  I've done some research and what I've found is that most pilots will say you need the 5.
2021-10-22
Use props
bbq4tw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29747 ft
United States

what about the mini 6?  Any of you tried that or know of anyone that's tried it?  Just ordered one to be used as my dedicated controller (wifi model) but after reading these and seeing the only mini that's supported is the mini 4 (6 year old device), I'm a little worried.  Gonna still do some looking as my mini 6 won't arrive until first of december so enough time to cancel if it seems there will be issues.
2021-11-8
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mini2 or 3 definitely NO...The mini 4 might work but will be maxed out and might give very poor performance and messages. Mini 5 seems OK
2021-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules