Wide Angle lens question. Original vs. Freewell?
1650 2 2021-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LasloG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122228 ft
Hungary

Has anyone used both?
I have Pocket 1 now, and wondering which one shall I go for. In terms of price they are similar, Freewell is only a bit cheaper, which makes no difference to me. Freewell has a lot of positive reviews, but I doubt that the original DJI is worse.
In terms of FOV, which is important for me, according to DJI's specs, it gives 110 ° (DJI Pocket 2) and 90 ° (Osmo Pocket).
Freewell says 18mm equivalent. So would it be 100 °, right? In this term, Freewell would be better to me. However, I could use the original one if I upgrade to Pocket 2.

And what about the usage in general? And what about the available ND filters?
Which one do you recommend for me on Pocket 1?

2021-10-13
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Haven't got much experience from the DJI wide angle lens (though I own one), and none from the Freewell one. The one thing I can tell though is that the DJI one can't be used with ND filters, but Freewell is selling at least one of their wide angle lenses with the option to use ND filters with it (and included in the package).
2021-10-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there LasloG. Good day and thank you for posting these information. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members who owns the DJI Osmo Pocket and uses the said Wide Angle Lens and with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2021-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules