Spark Accelerometer and Gyroscope Disconnected
2981 8 2021-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Y.
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, My DJI Spark showed both the Accelerometer and Gyroscope disconnected. I tried to do IMU calibration as told by the warning label. However, after I press the IMU calibrate, I was stuck in the page and no response when I press 'Start'. I tried also the compass calibration. I followed the screen label to rotate the drone for 360 anticlockwisely. Also no response was experienced. I used another phone with updated DJI GO 4 installed to do those calibration. But same situation was experience. I did not crash my drone before. I have no idea what happen to it. Please advice what can I do. Thanks so much!

Disconnection of Accelerometer and Gyroscope

Disconnection of Accelerometer and Gyroscope

Firmware

Firmware

IMU calibration Stuck

IMU calibration Stuck

Compass Calibration stuck

Compass Calibration stuck
2021-10-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Matthew Y. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what are the models of the mobile devices that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.
2021-10-13
Use props
Matthew Y.
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-13 19:25
Hello there Matthew Y. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what are the models of the mobile devices that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.

Firstly, I used my iphone 6s device with ios 13.6.1. Then, I tried on my Android Phone (OnePlus 5T) with Android Version 10.0.1. I experienced the same in both phones.
2021-10-14
Use props
Matthew Y.
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Firstly, I used my iphone 6s device with ios 13.6.1. Then, I tried on my Android Phone (OnePlus 5T) with Android Version 10.0.1. I experienced the same in both phones.
2021-10-14
Use props
Matthew Y.
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-13 19:25

Anything I can do to recover my Spark??
2021-10-20
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

Matthew Y. Posted at 10-20 10:16
Anything I can do to recover my Spark??

read through: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D558%26typeid%3D558
Spark faults can be traced back to the weakness of the connectors.
2021-10-25
Use props
Matthew Y.
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 10-25 05:30
read through: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=220364&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D558%26typeid%3D558
Spark faults can be traced back to the weakness of the connectors.

I think the accelerometer and the gyroscope is on the motherboard? is't it?
2021-10-25
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

Matthew Y. Posted at 10-25 07:32
I think the accelerometer and the gyroscope is on the motherboard? is't it?

The IMU module is located at the bottom of the Spark
The error message also mentions a lack of connection. Below the video, he listed the disassembled parts. Check it out:

Spark_IMU_Module_Including_Rubber_Dampers.png
2021-10-25
Use props
Matthew Y.
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 10-25 10:28
The IMU module is located at the bottom of the Spark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkC1qZ-3i-
The error message also mentions a lack of connection. Below the video, he listed the disassembled parts. Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGJlRJbwldE

It is quite hard to dismantle the whole drone to get the IMU!! Can I do the repair by DJI after the warranty period?
2021-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules