779 4 2015-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

According to the manual, the bird has an upper temperture limit of 102°F. I live in Dallas Texas and the temps here are getting really colse to those temperatures. I have been doing all my flying early in the morning when the temperatures are still in the low 80's. I was out this morning and it was 90°F. I had no problems, but I did notice that my vido connection was acting more like the bord was 1/4 mle away or more with some objexs in between. That is to say that the video feed would freeze for a second, then kind of smear, then pop back. it would do this quite frequestly.

I checked the entennas and they were good
The bird was never more than 400 feet from me with no obstructions in the way.

Just curious if anyone else has expericned this or if is a bit of a fluke or perhaps even heat related.

Many thanks,
Houston

2015-7-30
Use props
ulrich
lvl.1

United States

I also live in the Dallas area and have been flying in the evenings. I don't see any video problems, but I also don't really push the distance limits very hard, so I'm maybe not the best test case. I also tend to not fly for very long, maybe 7-8 minutes at a time.

I flew in Arizona a few weeks ago in the middle of the day and my iPad quit working (and gave me the over-temp warning) while the Inspire kept flying, which is really why I'm answering this. It's another thing to consider when high temps prevail, and something the manual won't tell you, of course.
2015-7-30
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

I have been flying recently in quite high temperatures, at the Black Sea and on the shores of the Danube river. Around 36-38 degress Celsius. Kept an eye on the battery temperature all the time, everything went smooth, I noticed also the alteration of the video signal, I assume the best way would be to fly in max. 35 degrees.  The manual inform us that the aircraft can operate from -10 to 40 degrees Celcius, but I would not risk it very often.
2015-7-30
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is the safe operating temperatures of the battery? How are you monitoring the battery temperature? I know you can switch to the batter view, but then you can see where you are flying.
2015-7-30
Use props
airimage.pl
lvl.2

Poland

I flew in full sun at noon at a temperature of about 32-36 degress Celsius (89-97 F) at an altitude of 100m without wind.
One fixed position (10-15 minutes) to take spherical pictures. 12 position in total.

Generally there were no problems.

I noticed the battery temperature ranged from 48C (118F) to 50C (122F)

Only once there has been problem: reset of the tablet. Nvidia shield (without sunhood) exceeded the temperature 52C (126F).
Bird was constantly connected to the RC.

After reboot of the tablet and restart the application (few minutes) I finished taking pictures.

A little sweat and blood pressure jumped but happily returned home.
2015-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules