Let the Drone Mini2 run at low speed on the ground.
3222 12 2021-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pinarek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41191 ft

Germany

I have already seen in many videos that people have run the Drone Mini2 on the table or on the floor at low speed without it lifting, how do you do that?

2021-10-13
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Simply just start the motors, by pressing both sticks inwards down.
Check it out on this video. It's not a mini2, but it is all the same.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eDyuDlF9cfY
2021-10-13
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4

Germany

JohnDG Posted at 10-13 13:01
Simply just start the motors, by pressing both sticks inwards down.
Check it out on this video. It's not a mini2, but it is all the same.

yes I already knew that. Thanks to God, I had installed propeller guards and tried it,
as soon as you operated a stick first for even a 100th of a second, the drone
immediately smeared left or right and the experiment was too risky for me,
so I thought there was another one Solution.
2021-10-13
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Pinarek Posted at 10-13 13:07
yes I already knew that. Thanks to Goot, I had installed propeller guards and tried it,
as soon as you operated a stick first for even a 100th of a second, the drone
immediately smeared left or right and the experiment was too risky for me,

I am not a fan of flying drones inside the house, but it should fly of extremely hard to one side.
In the house you won't have good satelite reception, so it will use it's ground sensors to stabilise.

Check it out outside. If it drifts without touching the sticks, calibrate IMU.
Also electro-magnetic waves can influence the behaviour inside, like microwave, wifi, electric equipment, ...
2021-10-13
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4

Germany

Yes, that's exactly what you write, it flies to the side immediately .. well .. how do they do that in the videos ..
I also mean all of the recordings in the room and they don't fly away to the side. I'm looking for a video from YT.
Here:

Apart from the fact that the other propeller here has another question: are these three blades more efficient (longer flight time) a
nd where can you buy them?

But the man also starts on the table in a room (not outdoors), he certainly doesn't have a GPS in the room, and he
even controls the motors individually ... how does that work?
And outside in the open my IMU is correctly calibrated, the Mini2 is in the air as if nailed to it.
Update: I bought 3 blade propellers from Amazon Germany for 15 euros including shipping.
(but 3 individually) not from one piece like here in the video - I would have liked to test it, but where can you buy them?

2021-10-13
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

are you getting any warnings like gps or lighting?
2021-10-13
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4

Germany

The Saint Posted at 10-13 14:09
are you getting any warnings like gps or lighting?

yes of course, always the warning "do not fly GPS carefully".
But with the others, who can do it too, inside the apartment, how do they do it?
2021-10-13
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

sorry i misunderstood.  i thought you couldn't get the engines to start and the propellers to spin.

sounds like you can get this to happen but you cannot get it to fly straight while indoors without gps, correct?

just so you know, when i get the gps message, it's not a warning.  it's an unlock message and you have to take action or else....nothing happens.

2021-10-13
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4

Germany

The Saint Posted at 10-13 14:44
sorry i misunderstood.  i thought you couldn't get the engines to start and the propellers to spin.

sounds like you can get this to happen but you cannot get it to fly straight while indoors without gps, correct?

but! I can normally control the interior with the remote control without GPS and also take off from the floor and land. Just on a table, just let the motors run without the Mini2 taking off, that just doesn't work.
2021-10-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Pinarek. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Just a friendly reminder that DJI do not recommend flying your DJI drones indoors as the environment indoors may have interference and caused an incident and also during low light condition as the vision sensors may not work properly. DJI suggest to choose an outdoor open area where the GPS is good, no magnetic interference, to fly the drone and check if all the functions are normal. If you really need to fly indoors kindly please use a DJI Propeller Guard. The DJI Propeller Guard protects the propellers and other objects from damage. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-10-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pinarek Posted at 10-13 14:48
but! I can normally control the interior with the remote control without GPS and also take off from the floor and land. Just on a table, just let the motors run without the Mini2 taking off, that just doesn't work.

Pull both sticks down and in to start the props without it taking off.   In the video the drone is juggling to spin the non standard props thats why the motors are failing to spin up.   Not because he's doing something deliberate.
2021-10-13
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Pinarek Posted at 10-13 13:44
Yes, that's exactly what you write, it flies to the side immediately .. well .. how do they do that in the videos ..
I also mean all of the recordings in the room and they don't fly away to the side. I'm looking for a video from YT.
Here: Tree Blad Propeller

Every blade on a propeller causes thrust , grip when rotated through its medium (air, water). The more blades, the more grip but also more friction (which wastes power). You want to find the best compromise between grip and friction. I've tried many types of propellers on boats. When changing from a propeller with a small blade area to a propeller with a larger blade area (be it three or four blades) the grip is improving but also the fuel consumption.

The same is true for air propellers but there are many factors that come into play. For low-weight hobby drones as the Mini 2 my unprofessional guess is to stay with the original propellers for best performance.

Airplane propellers: https://hartzellprop.com/are-more-propeller-blades-better
2021-10-14
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4

Germany

Thank you Friend @Johnny_J

Last night I also dealt with the subject of propeller 2 blades or 3 blades in terms of efficiency and power consumption.
See my link, you can easily translate into English with Google Chrome.

But your information and your link also explain this quite well.

When my ordered 3 blade propellers arrive from Amazon.de on Friday (i.e. tomorrow) I will do extensive tests for flight time,
noise and general tests such as climb and forward speed, first with the original and then with the 3 Batt propellers.

Depending on the weather conditions, when I can test, then I will report in detail here.

Link to german Propeller Knowhow
2021-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules