Cold weather with high humidity.
4018 3 2021-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_CusGypwjh35c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 92178 ft
United States

I recently got my mini 2 back from being sent in and I can’t wait to take it out. Here in Montana it’s been getting cold but the next week we have above freezing temps my only concern is the humidity is still around 80-88% due to the earlier warmer temps.

Is there a high chance props can freeze over in these levels of humidity when just above the operating temperature of 32f? This next week we will see temps of 34-49 degrees Fahrenheit.

I will keep the batteries warm preflight, and avoid any fog or falling snow. But any further advice or experience flying in high humidity with low temps would be greatly appreciated!
2021-10-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. Just a reminder that the DJI Mini 2 has an Operating Temperature of -10° to 40° C ( 14° to 104° F ). Just a reminder that flying in heavy fog or cold weather with high humidity may make the gimbal wet, leading to temporarily failure. The gimbal will recover it's full function once it is dry. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-10-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is exactly what I do when I fly in the cold,  just try not to fly during rain or snowfall.
2021-10-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've flown in both sub-zero (Celsius) and high relative humidity, and had no issues except the drone come back rather damp in places. I suspect that centrifugal force from the speed of the prop rotations will stop condensation from forming on them and thus not icing up.
2021-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules