New firmware .670?
1764 19 2021-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Pop up window with new firmware for Air 2 was displayed in Fly app today. Description sais just optimized flight safety... I can not upgrade at the moment as I have not my drone with me. My 1.4.8 app sais that it is up to date BTW.

2021-10-14
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Problem-free with the Assistant, but the SC wanted to update the MA2 again. Well, it worked too ...
2021-10-14
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

Any details what's new during installation? Battery update as well?
2021-10-14
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

virtual Posted at 10-14 05:39
Any details what's new during installation? Battery update as well?

No, haven't seen a battery update here.
2021-10-14
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

OK, thank You for input. We will see if we can spot some improvements or bugs...
2021-10-14
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DaMa Posted at 10-14 06:15
No, haven't seen a battery update here.

Yes, yes, the batteries also need an update!
2021-10-14
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

frankymusik Posted at 10-14 10:47
Yes, yes, the batteries also need an update!

How do you find out? Assistant and SC say "current firmware" after the firmware update. Another battery that was not used during the update does not call for food ... Original RC without update.
2021-10-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there virtual. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic Air 2 firmware v01.01.06.70 will be released and it optimized flight safety. If the update fails, kindly please restart the said DJI drone, DJI remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 ( Consumer Drones Series ), and retry. Thank you.
2021-10-14
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

hopefully solved the bugs at previous version
2021-10-14
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DaMa Posted at 10-14 12:29
How do you find out? Assistant and SC say "current firmware" after the firmware update. Another battery that was not used during the update does not call for food ... Original RC without update.

If you insert the next battery into the MA2 and reconnect the MA2 to the DJI Assistant 2, an "incompatible module" will be displayed and an update will be performed again. This update doesn't take very long, only affects the battery. Proceed in the same way with the third battery!
2021-10-14
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-14 18:53
Hello there virtual. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic Air 2 firmware v01.01.06.70 will be released and it optimized flight safety. If the update fails, kindly please restart the said DJI drone, DJI remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 ( Consumer Drones Series ), and retry. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

Please ask your engineers to give more info while updating the firmware...

Apparantly the last part of updating proces is to update the battery firmware, but this is not read on the screen ; at the end a succesfull meassage : update completed or so....
BUT inserting the next battery again the message that firmware has to be updated...starting at about 75% and this battery is also updated.

WHY not add a message on the screen, updating firmware....followed by new message updating battery firmware....followed by end message drone and battery firmware updated!
This an easy solution for all DJI users to know that they have to update all other batteries as well!

BTW i did the updating via the Flyapp not with a PC.

cheers
JJB
2021-10-14
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

Good to know! I'll be updating today through Flyapp. It would be clear if there was a separate message that battery is (and needs to be) updated as well.
2021-10-15
Use props
djiuser_kamGhGdLHGg9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1234902 ft

Serbia

"What’s New? Optimized flight safety." What safety? No description. No any words. We will not understand? Not important to describe? Why?

Well, As I have read somewhere,the real reason of update is just blocking hacked drones with previous firmwares about transmission power and height limit. DJI did not implemented nothng new, as we can('t) see (and can not find described). We are just happy cause we have new firmware after couple of months of silence. Yeahhhh! So, this is flight safety... But, thanx to them for efforts anyway.
2021-10-15
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

frankymusik Posted at 10-14 22:58
If you insert the next battery into the MA2 and reconnect the MA2 to the DJI Assistant 2, an "incompatible module" will be displayed and an update will be performed again. This update doesn't take very long, only affects the battery. Proceed in the same way with the third battery!

This is what I have expected ...
It would be nice if the current firmware of the battery were listed anywhere – or do I just not find it.
2021-10-15
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

What does this firmware change?
Do I need to update three times (once with each battery) if I have 3 batteries?
2021-10-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 10-14 23:21
Hi Stephen,

Please ask your engineers to give more info while updating the firmware...

WHY not add a message on the screen, updating firmware....followed by new message updating battery firmware....followed by end message drone and battery firmware updated!

It shouldn't be that hard to rewrite a bit of code to include this.  I have many reservations about the capability of the DJI software employees.  
2021-10-15
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DaMa Posted at 10-15 04:53
This is what I have expected ...
It would be nice if the current firmware of the battery were listed anywhere – or do I just not find it.

... just remember to do it regularly after updating the drone software.
Otherwise there could be problems when you are out "in the field" ...

Unfortunately there are no clear representations on the part of DJI ...   

2021-10-15
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-15 05:24

... of course, that would be very, very helpful ...
... and important!
... and of course the advice that you also have to update other existing batteries too!

2021-10-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 10-15 23:15
... of course, that would be very, very helpful ...
... and important!
... and of course the advice that you also have to update other existing batteries too!

Yes, add that also.  Would be a very helpful reminder.  
2021-10-16
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

Yaros1 Posted at 10-15 05:24
What does this firmware change?
Do I need to update three times (once with each battery) if I have 3 batteries?

Yes, there will be short update for each battery.
2021-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules