One Battery Dead and One Battery Invaild and Won't Take a Charge
2410 6 2014-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kevin
New

United States

I received my Phantom 2 Vision+ yesterday. I put both batteries on the charger and started reading the manual. While reading and looking online, I decided to see if the firmware was up to date and noticed the Assistant software said there were updates. Stupid me, I decided to do the updates before getting to my first flight.

I updated the main controller, P33CB, Battery, and I think Zen IMU. I think it was 4 updates. After updating the Battery, it said to turn off the battery and back on again. So, I did that. Except, it would not turn back on. The battery appears dead. Nothing I do will turn it back on. The button doesn't do anything. So, the firmware update killed the battery? I'm assuming so since it was working fine, showed 100% on the iPhone app minutes prior to the update.

So, whatever. I got the other battery. I put it in and on the iPhone it says "Invalid Battery." Go figure. Brand new Phantom and it's effectively DOA. The "Invalid Battery" does power the Phantom but because it's invalid, it would allow the motors to start.

Any ideas about either of these issues? I've read the forums a lot last night and I see issues relating to batteries. I'm posting this to add to the list of people with battery issues. Does DJI replace batteries that go bad like this or do I just eat it and buy two more batteries?

Any help would be appreciated. I hate getting excited about a new toy only to have this happen.

2014-11-27
Use props
DJI-Autumn;-)
Second Officer

China

Not a  "No intelligent smart battery" issue:shu
About your dead battery...Since it has been dead already, you need to contact your dealer!
About invalid battery...Leave it along if it can be used normally and wait till there are any solution we will let u know!
2014-11-27
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

DJI-Autumn;-) Posted at 2014-11-28 13:37
Not a  "No intelligent smart battery" issue:shu
About your dead battery...Since it has been dead alr ...

the new FW was released
2014-11-28
Use props
kevin
New

United States

I talked to support. I hate support in general but this was a pleasant experience.  They're sending out a battery swap for me. I have 2 more batteries coming in today. Assuming they work, I should be good to fly. Fingers crossed. I'm not 100% sure I want to update the FW if these new batteries work until a few of you guys have tried it first.
2014-11-28
Use props
kevin
New

United States

Update: Got the 2 new batteries in about an hour ago. First was to test if they worked. Sure enough, no issues. They're now on the charger and when 100% I'll take it out for a test flight. I'm sending the other 2 batteries back for replacement. DJI has already sent me the return shipping label. I'll send it up here in a bit and report back. Hopefully all is well.
2014-11-28
Use props
kevin
New

United States

Last update: Flies like a charm. 2 new batteries today, 2 more next week, and then the 2 I am having swapped.
2014-11-28
Use props
uhayat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191421 ft
Pakistan

Awesome, congrats!
2014-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules