New Mini 2, V1.4.12 .. no 5.8GHz channels??
1824 6 2021-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cmrangel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108432 ft
United States

Hi all, new Mini 2 owner here (had mavic previously) .. Running 1.4.12, normal setup out of the box with updating firmware, etc. One issue I am seeing is that under "Transmission" in the app, I don't get any option to select 2.4Ghz or 5.8GHz when selecting Manual. The frequencies shown when I adjust them manually are all in the 2.4GHz band. I have a GPS lock here in the US. I am in a warning zone if that makes a difference. I am concerned that my unit is not using any of the 5.8GHz channels, just 2.4 and I can't figure out why. I'm in the US (San Diego, CA) and have multiple gps satelittes.  Any ideas??
Thanks!
2021-10-14
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Hi cmrangel,

am on the fly 1.4.12(1420). Selecting 2.4 or 5 GHz in manual is no problem.
Firmware of controller and drone to the latest versions.
The number of satelites should not matter.

Hi know in some countries the 5GHz band is forbidden. For so far I know this should be a limitation in the US. Maybe try in another area. It could be a very local problem perhaps.
2021-10-15
Use props
cmrangel
lvl.2
United States

JohnDG Posted at 10-15 05:26
Hi cmrangel,

am on the fly 1.4.12(1420). Selecting 2.4 or 5 GHz in manual is no problem.

Hi JohnDG
Thanks, l have the latest firmware on both.  I know the some countries do have a limitation but I thought that having a GPS lock should make sure it knows I am in the US??  Maybe I will try it somewhere else.  
Thanks
2021-10-15
Use props
vodanh11791
lvl.2

Vietnam

you need force stop app and start again, issue will fixed
2021-10-15
Use props
cmrangel
lvl.2
United States

vodanh11791 Posted at 10-15 17:58
you need force stop app and start again, issue will fixed

Thanks!  I'll give that a try.
2021-10-16
Use props
MiniManiac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Works ok for me, Im in  the UK, but even switching to FCC mode via DH it still shows

2021-10-17
Use props
cmrangel
lvl.2
United States

I messed around enough that I got it working.  Posting what I did in case someone else has a similar issue.

What finally worked was deleting the DJI Fly app and getting a old version.  I tried several, anything older than V1.3 would not install properly.  What I got to work was installing v 1.4.0 and taking my drone about 5 miles away from where I had been doing most of my efforts.  When I connected the done and controller .. it was all there.  I then let the software install the latest version and it was still there and working!!!.  I have two android devices so after doing that on the first, I just plugged in the second one that had been having the same issue and it was all there on that one too.  so, seems like once it shows up it will work, I did not have to roll that one back to the previous version.  I am not sure what actually fixed it, moving to a different location or rolling it back to V 1.4.0 but .. it is working now.  
2021-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules