Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro DJI Assistant on Mac & can't perform Firmware Upgrades
1086 4 2021-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DGlenCreative
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, first post.

I have just purchased a 2nd hand Mavic Pro, I am being asked within the mobile app to upgrade the Firmware. It hasn't successfully done the upgrade yet, I have tried multiple times. I have also tried to install the DJI Assistant app on my Macbook(OS Big Sur) and Mac (OS Big Sur). I can open the app on the macbook when I connect the drone it says my device is not compatible. The app won't even install on the Mac desktop. I have enabled the developers in the preferences to allow installation.

The DJI Assistant apps I have tried to download are
DJI Assistant 2 (Enterprise Series)DJI Assistant 2 is not currently compatible with macOS version 11 or later. This issue will be resolved in a future update.
DJI Assistant 2(Updates discontinued)Compatible with Mavic Air,Mavic Pro,DJI Goggles and more.
DJI Assistant 2 For MavicCompatible with Mavic.DJI Assistant 2 is not currently compatible with macOS version 11 or later. This issue will be resolved in a future update.

My questions are
1. How do I perform the firmware upgrade? I am using an android OS, Samsung s10.
2. How do I install a usuable DJI Asistant app for either the Macbook or Mac desktop using the original Mavic Pro drone?

Thanks
2021-10-14
Use props
KenDuke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

The best answer to these questions is:

1) Does it currently fly without issues?
2) If 1 = YES then 2 = DON'T even try to upgrade!
2021-10-16
Use props
DGlenCreative
lvl.1

United Kingdom

KenDuke Posted at 10-16 04:24
The best answer to these questions is:

1) Does it currently fly without issues?

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes it seems to fly without any issues.
Thanks for the advice, i guess a firmware uograde is not essential to maintain a reliable connection between the remote and the drone?

Thanks again for your time.
2021-10-16
Use props
KenDuke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

No, not really.   Upgrades are sometimes bug fixes, or a problem with no fly zones fixed.
However, here lately, updates have been nothing more than a headache.
My MP flies perfect as it is, and I've not even tried to update, or want to, after seeing all the issues others on this board have had.
2021-10-17
Use props
DGlenCreative
lvl.1

United Kingdom

KenDuke Posted at 10-17 02:55
No, not really.   Upgrades are sometimes bug fixes, or a problem with no fly zones fixed.
However, here lately, updates have been nothing more than a headache.
My MP flies perfect as it is, and I've not even tried to update, or want to, after seeing all the issues others on this board have had.

This is so helpful, thanks again. This puts me at ease to get out and start exploring!
2021-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules