804 13 2021-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisJG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Heads up for those of you who will be renewing your CAA details here in the UK soon.Just paid my £9 to register, but those ever so delightful and helpful* monkeys have changed the registration number....so got to remember where I ordered my stickers from and re order again!

"The format for operator IDs changed when the new regulations for flying and operating drones and model aircraft were introduced at the end of 2020. This means your operator number has changed.

Make sure you change the label on all the drones and model aircraft you’re responsible for to your new operator ID."

Chris

*Some sarcasm here.
2021-10-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

*Some sarcasm here.

I picked up on a bit of sarcasm.    Unfortunately, change is inevitable.  
2021-10-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It will probably change here in NL too....
Good thing I only used a dymo label writer.
2021-10-15
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Yes, I was surprised in January when I renewed. But I was glad they reminded me...
2021-10-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did mine earlier in the week,  re did the exam,  paid my £9 and then re labelled everything,   I now need to laminate my flyid cards again.  I put one in each of my bags so its always with me.
2021-10-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just use dynamo labels,   under the battery compartment or the flap on the mini 2 battery.  Quick and easy to swap.
2021-10-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If I understand correctly, further changes won't be neccesary after this one?
2021-10-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-15 04:18
*Some sarcasm here.

I picked up on a bit of sarcasm.    Unfortunately, change is inevitable.

It's all designed to make things ever more difficult for us - no other reason.
2021-10-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 10-16 04:02
It's all designed to make things ever more difficult for us - no other reason.

Government entities love to make things harder for the people.  Here in the US the FAA now requires the registration number to be visible from outside the drone.  Not sure what else they have as a hidden agenda at this point but I'm sure we will find out soon enough.   
2021-10-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-17 02:44
Government entities love to make things harder for the people.  Here in the US the FAA now requires the registration number to be visible from outside the drone.  Not sure what else they have as a hidden agenda at this point but I'm sure we will find out soon enough.

Just wondering when they'll reduce the drone limit still further than 250g for recreational flying.  It's pretty obvious they want to hound us out of the skies eventually.
2021-10-17
Use props
scubaAnn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4425230 ft
United States

So you guys have to even register the Mini 2?  OMG.
2021-10-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 10-17 02:49
Just wondering when they'll reduce the drone limit still further than 250g for recreational flying.  It's pretty obvious they want to hound us out of the skies eventually.

Unfortunately, that is the goal of large companies that are doing and planning to use delivery drones (i.e. Amazon)  Their lobbyists are pushing to minimize recreational flying of drones to flying club areas only to free up the airspace for their volumes of delivery drones.  

There once was a proposal that all drones with a camera would have to be registered, regardless of weight.  The proposal was tabled but could always be brought back up at anytime.   
2021-10-18
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-18 01:50
Unfortunately, that is the goal of large companies that are doing and planning to use delivery drones (i.e. Amazon)  Their lobbyists are pushing to minimize recreational flying of drones to flying club areas only to free up the airspace for their volumes of delivery drones.  

There once was a proposal that all drones with a camera would have to be registered, regardless of weight.  The proposal was tabled but could always be brought back up at anytime.

Just like all commerce - the little guy gets squeezed out.
2021-10-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 10-18 02:00
Just like all commerce - the little guy gets squeezed out.

You are 100% right.  
2021-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules