Downloaded the Fly app without having a drone yet to see flight zon
732 7 2021-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droneriffledchi
lvl.2

Latvia

Downloaded the Fly app without having a drone yet to see flight zones around me and noticed that quite close to me there is a huge zone called "Enhanced Warning Zone" which oddly does not show up on the DJI fly safe geo map. However I tried to find what I can about this "Enhanced Warning Zone" and can't find a clear answer. I can still fly in it and it just means that the app will warn me that I am in such a zone, but will not restrict my flying in any way, or this means that I have to input some licence in app in order to be able to fly in this zone? Also the flight altitude in my country max is 120 meters, does "Enhanced Warning Zone" means that it might limit the altitude to even lower range and limit me to for example 50 meters or similar?

2021-10-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Enhanced are normally ok to fly as long as you stick to your drone laws Is it an airport, like the outskirts of one? click on it and see what it says if anything
2021-10-15
Use props
droneriffledchi
lvl.2

Latvia

Bashy Posted at 10-15 07:05
Enhanced are normally ok to fly as long as you stick to your drone laws Is it an airport, like the outskirts of one? click on it and see what it says if anything

The zone is pretty huge, in it there are multiple airports but those each have their own zones around them as well which say that any flying is forbidden. The zone says nothing about it other than name which is just some code which doesn't return any results on internet. I am thinking it must be some glitch in the fly app since such a huge flight restriction zone does not appear in web version of DJI flight map and neither does it show up in the national airspace website specifically made for drones.
2021-10-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is it orange? if its orange then youre good to go if its blue ya need to unlock the zone... you could, however, put up a screen shot ;)
You also need to pay attention to the flight restrictions coming from and to the runways those are important as you're restricted to60ft and 150ft, well, that's in the UK in the US the laws may be a little different
2021-10-15
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most restricted areas in my country just limit your altitude so you don't get in the way of larger aircraft. Most of the time, the app takes care of that for you. Just be aware that it can happen but the rules in Latvia may be different.
2021-10-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On the geo map website you have to tick a box to show the enhanced zones,  these will only restrict you to the normal drone laws.
2021-10-16
Use props
droneriffledchi
lvl.2

Latvia

DAFlys Posted at 10-16 00:26
On the geo map website you have to tick a box to show the enhanced zones,  these will only restrict you to the normal drone laws.

Yeah indeed, when you tick the box you can see that nearly 1/3 of Latvia is under "Enhanced Warning Zones"
2021-10-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

droneriffledchi Posted at 10-16 01:21
Yeah indeed, when you tick the box you can see that nearly 1/3 of Latvia is under "Enhanced Warning Zones"

There is a lot like that in the UK too,  but you can fly those zones without issue you may just get a popup warning you about it and you tick agree and all is good.
2021-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules