Ronin S2: Using the front dial to change the aperture on Pocket 4...
1154 7 2021-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_NIgQgDv2EHpU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75548 ft
Ireland

When I move the dial, for some reason it can only go as high as f2.0 and low as f1.3.
I'm using a Sigma 18-35 lens and Metabones ultra.
Any advice?

2021-10-15
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

latest firmware on the camera (bmpcc4k 7.3), sigma art lens (v1.0.1) and speedbooster bmpcc4k (3.60)?
2021-10-15
Use props
djiuser_NIgQgDv2EHpU
lvl.2
Ireland

Indio Posted at 10-15 09:39
latest firmware on the camera (bmpcc4k 7.3), sigma art lens (v1.0.1) and speedbooster bmpcc4k (3.60)?

I updated my camera and speedbooster just now. The problem's still happening. (Keep in mind it's not the metabones speedbooster specifically designed for the Pocket 4k)

I'll see about updating the lens I guess. You need a special dock for that, I might rent or borrow one. And I've had the lens for years with no updates so it might be the problem.

Thanks,
2021-10-15
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

ok, mine is the bmpcc4k speedbooster cine and it works well with the 18-35 on my RS-2, also the focus on the wheel without the motor
and all of my equipment (incl. the RS-2) is on the latest firmware
2021-10-15
Use props
djiuser_NIgQgDv2EHpU
lvl.2
Ireland

Indio Posted at 10-15 11:49
ok, mine is the bmpcc4k speedbooster cine and it works well with the 18-35 on my RS-2, also the focus on the wheel without the motor
and all of my equipment (incl. the RS-2) is on the latest firmware
That’s one of the features of the Bmpcc Metabones Speedbooster, it also supports autofocus.

Can you change the aperture though, with the dial?

I Imagine it’s just a matter of updating the lens. Seems to be the only thing that could be the cause of the problem.
2021-10-15
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

I don't use the aperture setting, but I have noticed the same behavior.

then I wanted to know how it is with my canon lenses and found out that
when the aperture is completely open (f2.0), there is no control at all.

but if I change the aperture on the camera I can regulate it up to the point where I am fully open again,
then there is no way to change it until I close the aperture again on the camera.

whether this is now also with the sigma I have not tried because of rebalancing.
2021-10-16
Use props
jtorrents
New

Spain

Indio Posted at 10-16 00:30

Exactly what I am experiencing with a Sigma 18-35 with a Pocket 6KPro. I can change iris, but if I open iris completely, I'm stuck between 1.8 and 2.0. I must change iris in camera.

Same behaviour with a Pocket 4k + metabones + Canon 16-35: if I open iris to f2.0 I cannot change it. I must change it in camera.

It's not in my opinion a metabones fault. It must be from Ronin side...
2021-10-24
Use props
djiuser_4jzMvVWzwUcg
lvl.1

United States

Indio Posted at 2021-10-16 00:30

I’m getting the same thing. I can use the focus dial to control aperture but when it goes completely open it gets stuck. I can then use the camera to close it and then have control again. Using rs 2 with canon eos r and nifty fifty
2022-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules