Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI MIMO BANNED
12Next >
25978 55 2021-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

USA have banned DJI Mimo app also now

2021-10-15
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

According to the app itself, here in Australia it says "Dear Android users, the update of the DJI Mimo app has been suspended due ton Google Play."  Users are advised to get updates from DJI's download centre "in the following short term".  I don't think this is new - I've seen references to it for some weeks.
2021-10-15
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Strange, the latest version hasnt been on the play store in ages but the older version was on there quite recently when i checked. Very strange that other DJI apps are still on there.
2021-10-15
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

"Fly" has been out of play store for some time, and unlike mimo which is optional for many products (action, pocket etc.) , Fly is vital in operating DJI drones. I cannot understand how they can sell a $1000+ device which requires an app that you have to sideload...
2021-10-15
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi, Android apps can be distributed via multiple platforms. We do find some app gallery update is not latest version.
So we close DJI MIMO in some app stores, e.x. google play.

you can always get latest DJI MIMO via DJI website: https://www.dji.com/mimo
Or simply scan the QR code at DJI product package.

2021-10-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I still see it in the App Store.
2021-10-16
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-ytao Posted at 10-15 23:49
Hi, Android apps can be distributed via multiple platforms. We do find some app gallery update is not latest version.
So we close DJI MIMO in some app stores, e.x. google play.

That doesnt explain why the latest version did not pass whichever rules in the play store that google have. Logic dictates that it must have been submitted and failed. Doesn’t make sense that you would suddenly cut of the main route for android users just because it would be fun to make them all side load the app.
2021-10-16
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

I blame USA
2021-10-16
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
Hong Kong

AlanHd Posted at 10-16 00:57
That doesnt explain why the latest version did not pass whichever rules in the play store that google have. Logic dictates that it must have been submitted and failed. Doesn’t make sense that you would suddenly cut of the main route for android users just because it would be fun to make them all side load the app.

Here is  my own personal explaination:
The thing is google play stops us updating from 2021.
and we guided customers by mimo app pushing notice 10 months ago.

Sorry for the convenient.

I do not like this solution either. But no other options.Android is a open platform, however bad things just happened.
And we need to make sure software updates so that better features , improved user experience can be fwd to our customers.
Instead of misleading to old MIMO version.
2021-10-16
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

DJI-ytao Posted at 10-16 02:04

First of all, thanks a lot. It was a very pleasant change to have a real reply from DJI and I am sure I am not the only one appreciating this.

I can understand the frustration but I hope you guys find a way around this quagmire; not everyone is comfortable with side loading apps...
2021-10-16
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thanks for the explanation and not just a generic canned response, its the lack of a human touch that frustrates most people including myself. Hopefully the situation can be rectified.
2021-10-16
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Closing apps  glad I am not a Gooogleplay person Lol
2021-10-16
Use props
Gramps50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57841 ft
United States

The current version v1.6.6 is available in the Apple app store
2021-10-16
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

And soon another in 5-10 days
2021-10-16
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Thank you for updating us.

What I see as the problem is that probably most people look for app on google play and not on DJI homepage, so there could be many people that will complain about this and that they can't use the product and so on.

So other manufactures doesn't have this problem with google play?
2021-10-16
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
Hong Kong

johansenfoto Posted at 10-16 12:59
Thank you for updating us.

What I see as the problem is that probably most people look for app on google play and not on DJI homepage, so there could be many people that will complain about this and that they can't use the product and so on.

once you download DJI MIMO app 1.6.4 or above.
you can also update in DJI MIMO app itself after 1.6.4.

(DJI MIMO- account at right bottom -setting gear button - about DJI MIMO -check the version)

we will make it more convenient for the notify and guidance.

2021-10-16
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
Hong Kong

CemAygun Posted at 10-16 02:33
First of all, thanks a lot. It was a very pleasant change to have a real reply from DJI and I am sure I am not the only one appreciating this.

I can understand the frustration but I hope you guys find a way around this quagmire; not everyone is comfortable with side loading apps...

does side loading apps mean intall apk via PC?

actually you can open the website in any android phone browers, it will do the download and install.
you can try on your android
https://www.dji.com/mimo ,there is a button download for android
2021-10-16
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I did look in the app for a way to check for updates but I didn't see the one you mentioned.  I think it needs to be an obvious button on the main screen.  I did update via your web site and apart from getting a warning from my phone ("are you sure?") it went smoothly.  Like others have said, thanks for giving us your personal advice on this issue.  I know many tech companies discourage their staff from getting involved in forum discussions but whenever I see it happen, customers really respond well to it.
2021-10-16
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
Hong Kong

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-16 19:17
I did look in the app for a way to check for updates but I didn't see the one you mentioned.  I think it needs to be an obvious button on the main screen.  I did update via your web site and apart from getting a warning from my phone ("are you sure?") it went smoothly.  Like others have said, thanks for giving us your personal advice on this issue.  I know many tech companies discourage their staff from getting involved in forum discussions but whenever I see it happen, customers really respond well to it.

thanks for the feedback. we will consider an obvious way and work it out.

If the mimo version is lower than 1.6.0  (1.5.x the old google play version)
it did not hv the check update method at that time. (the case is beyond estimation...)
2021-10-16
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

DJI-ytao Posted at 10-16 18:56
does side loading apps mean intall apk via PC?

actually you can open the website in any android phone browers, it will do the download and install.

Well, "side loading" refers to any kind of apk installation as that implies bypassing the preferred method of downloading/installing applications straight from the official store. It generally is frowned upon, and with most phones it is disabled by default (despite being fairly easy to enable).

I personally don't care as long as I know the source of the file I am installing, but I also know a lot of people that do care...

I see the absence of Fly and Mimo from the play store more of a marketing problem than a technical one...

2021-10-16
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
Hong Kong

CemAygun Posted at 10-16 23:25
Well, "side loading" refers to any kind of apk installation as that implies bypassing the preferred method of downloading/installing applications straight from the official store. It generally is frowned upon, and with most phones it is disabled by default (despite being fairly easy to enable).

I personally don't care as long as I know the source of the file I am installing, but I also know a lot of people that do care...

I see.
the official store is for the brand of smart phone.

maybe MIMO updates itself in app could sounds official
2021-10-17
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

Any devise needing a APP to operate, well that is a MAJOR turn off for me.
I like to at least delete 2 APPs on my phone for every one i install, and sadly phones are often loaded with so much i dont want to use but can not delete ( i am looking at you xiaomi )
I must insist on so much choice & freedom, that with my choices i might actually ruin the thing, dont take it upon yourself to protect me, if you want to make me happy just tell me what i must do to not harm myself or ruin my devise.

If i install windows on a computer, these days the first hour or two after that have finished is spent deleting stuff and settings i do not want, and the worst part is many of those things are in no way essential to the use of the operating system.
It is such a shame companies behave like that.
2021-10-17
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

peiter Posted at 10-17 21:20
Any devise needing a APP to operate, well that is a MAJOR turn off for me.
I like to at least delete 2 APPs on my phone for every one i install, and sadly phones are often loaded with so much i dont want to use but can not delete ( i am looking at you xiaomi )
I must insist on so much choice & freedom, that with my choices i might actually ruin the thing, dont take it upon yourself to protect me, if you want to make me happy just tell me what i must do to not harm myself or ruin my devise.

I neither want a lot of useless apps on my phone, and good thing is that my Huawei make it easy to get rid of them with its own cleanup app.

Mimo and other apps for using gadgets I need, and make it easier for using the products.
2021-10-18
Use props
flaj
lvl.2
Poland

Garbage Play stopped supporting mimo app some time ago, however I got the newest one from App Gallery.
2021-10-18
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

glad I am not on that side. App store  for me
2021-10-18
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Wonder if I have to uninstall the old Mimo to install the new one? Downloaded the new from DJI and can't install.
2021-10-20
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

johansenfoto Posted at 10-20 03:19
Wonder if I have to uninstall the old Mimo to install the new one? Downloaded the new from DJI and can't install.

At least in those cases you have installed the earlier version from the Google Play Store, you have to uninstall the Play store version and install the one from DJI's own site. Not sure, but this also might apply to the versions from the DJI's site when updating to a new version. Haven't tested this myself, but it could be possible.
2021-10-20
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

HGDC84 Posted at 10-20 04:25
At least in those cases you have installed the earlier version from the Google Play Store, you have to uninstall the Play store version and install the one from DJI's own site. Not sure, but this also might apply to the versions from the DJI's site when updating to a new version. Haven't tested this myself, but it could be possible.

I think that too. But are just afraid of uninstalling the old version if I can't install the new version again.
2021-10-20
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

johansenfoto Posted at 10-20 04:42
I think that too. But are just afraid of uninstalling the old version if I can't install the new version again.

You still have the installer package for the previous version? If you do, just use that again after uninstalling the new version if it doesn't work. If not, check if the Mimo site has a link to an older version (I remember seeing one there).
2021-10-20
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

HGDC84 Posted at 10-20 06:24
You still have the installer package for the previous version? If you do, just use that again after uninstalling the new version if it doesn't work. If not, check if the Mimo site has a link to an older version (I remember seeing one there).

Think I have cleaned up all old files from my phone. But I will test to uninstall and install again soon.
I doesn't need new Mimo until Action 2 I guess.
2021-10-20
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

johansenfoto Posted at 10-20 12:42
Think I have cleaned up all old files from my phone. But I will test to uninstall and install again soon.
I doesn't need new Mimo until Action 2 I guess.

I may have some older versions on my phone, so if installing the new one fails and you can't find an older one from the Mimo's own site, just inform me and we'll see if I could get the APK for you (in case you are using an Android phone).

Good luck for your attempts! :-)
2021-10-21
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

HGDC84 Posted at 10-21 05:19
I may have some older versions on my phone, so if installing the new one fails and you can't find an older one from the Mimo's own site, just inform me and we'll see if I could get the APK for you (in case you are using an Android phone).

Good luck for your attempts! :-)

Thank you so much, I will let you know for sure.
Yes I have Android, Huawei P30 Lite
2021-10-21
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

johansenfoto Posted at 10-21 06:20
Thank you so much, I will let you know for sure.
Yes I have Android, Huawei P30 Lite

Okay. Can't remember for sure which versions of APKs I had, but it should have at least two different earlier version, maybe three.

If you need one, just remember to tell me what version should it be, so I can see if I have that one.
2021-10-21
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

HGDC84 Posted at 10-21 11:41
Okay. Can't remember for sure which versions of APKs I had, but it should have at least two different earlier version, maybe three.

If you need one, just remember to tell me what version should it be, so I can see if I have that one.

I uninstalled the old and now I could install the new app
2021-10-23
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

johansenfoto Posted at 10-23 08:21
I uninstalled the old and now I could install the new app

Glad to hear you got it to work. :-)
2021-10-24
Use props
nikhilmathew
New

Australia

I wonder what feature used in DJI App is the reason for getting banned from the Google Play store.

Apple usually has stricter policies on privacy, data sharing and permissions so if the app can work fine with the stricter restrictions of Apple app store, what is the rejection reason stated by Google Play review team to ban DJI app?
2021-12-9
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

nikhilmathew Posted at 12-9 12:57
I wonder what feature used in DJI App is the reason for getting banned from the Google Play store.

Apple usually has stricter policies on privacy, data sharing and permissions so if the app can work fine with the stricter restrictions of Apple app store, what is the rejection reason stated by Google Play review team to ban DJI app?

Could be different what it "have" from Android to ios, or just easier to find that on Android.
2021-12-9
Use props
djiuser_xvcvITlengFc
New
United States

The challenge I'm having is the source of the APK is UNKNOWN which triggers all kinds of warnings from my Android phone/browser and forces me bypass security to install. I shouldn't be forced to sideload the app just to activate my device. The Mimo page on the DJI website still says to get the App from Google Play...
2021-12-15
Use props
djiuser_3d6Tc16AMZxI
lvl.4
Germany

djiuser_xvcvITlengFc Posted at 12-15 22:01
The challenge I'm having is the source of the APK is UNKNOWN which triggers all kinds of warnings from my Android phone/browser and forces me bypass security to install. I shouldn't be forced to sideload the app just to activate my device. The Mimo page on the DJI website still says to get the App from Google Play...
Hallo,   
sideload from dji, first delete old version.  

Older Version for Android you can find in Aptoide apk

IMG_20211219_123314.jpg
IMG_20211220_173606.jpg
IMG_20211221_090300.jpg
2021-12-20
Use props
djiuser_3d6Tc16AMZxI
lvl.4
Germany

new ota version android 1.7.10
first delete the older
what is new: upload to phonefolder in 1 step