Which app to use?
1023 11 2021-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wgander
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1195853 ft
United States

Can I fly Mavic Air 2 with DJI Go 4? I use that with my Spark and Android phone and iPad, just got a second hand Air 2 with no instructions.
2021-10-15
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

2021-10-15
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... nual_v1.6_enIII.pdf
2021-10-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad to know that you already receive your new DJI Mavic Air 2. Please note that this unit only works with the DJI Fly application. In addition, you may refer to the link below for you to have the downloadable resources for the said unit. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads
2021-10-15
Use props
Wgander
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-15 23:02
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad to know that you already receive your new DJI Mavic Air 2. Please note that this unit only works with the DJI Fly application. In addition, you may refer to the link below for you to have the downloadable resources for the said unit. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads

Thank you. The app failed to install on my phone. I was looking for other options. I removed other apps and now it installed. I didn't have enough free space for the app. It would be helpful if there was a notation of how much space the app requires for installation.
2021-10-16
Use props
fans6a6b2f3a
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

Dronelink is also very good for Air2.
DRONELINK
2021-10-16
Use props
Wgander
lvl.2
United States

fans6a6b2f3a Posted at 10-16 09:34
Dronelink is also very good for Air2.
DRONELINK

Thanks. My only concern was installing the DJI app. I'm happy with the DJI tutorials for using the drone.
2021-10-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Wgander Posted at 10-16 09:07
Thank you. The app failed to install on my phone. I was looking for other options. I removed other apps and now it installed. I didn't have enough free space for the app. It would be helpful if there was a notation of how much space the app requires for installation.

Thank you for your response, can you please confirm what specific mobile device are you using?
2021-10-17
Use props
Wgander
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-17 23:31
Thank you for your response, can you please confirm what specific mobile device are you using?

I'm using an iPad, 7th gen, with IOS 15 and a Motorola phone, G7 Power, with Android 10. I also have an HP laptop with Win 11.
A few hours later:
Everything works! I don't know what happened but I sat down with the Air 2, Controller, iPad, phone. Started iPad, DJI Fly and connected iPad to Controller successfully. Then updated firmware and fly database. Then connected phone, DJI Fly and connected to Controller successfully.
Could it be that the first time I tried connecting to the Air 2 there was no internet connection? (I was in a park.)
2021-10-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Wgander Posted at 10-18 07:57
I'm using an iPad, 7th gen, with IOS 15 and a Motorola phone, G7 Power, with Android 10. I also have an HP laptop with Win 11.
A few hours later:
Everything works! I don't know what happened but I sat down with the Air 2, Controller, iPad, phone. Started iPad, DJI Fly and connected iPad to Controller successfully. Then updated firmware and fly database. Then connected phone, DJI Fly and connected to Controller successfully.

Thank you for keeping us posted. We're glad that you have already managed to isolate the issue. The issue might be the phone requires an internet connection or the app needs to finish updating. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support!
2021-10-21
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United States

NO, Go 4 won't work. DJI fly, dronelink. Those are the two I use.
2021-10-21
Use props
Wgander
lvl.2
United States

JimDandy Posted at 10-21 08:39
NO, Go 4 won't work. DJI fly, dronelink. Those are the two I use.

Thanks but question resolved 4 days ago...
2021-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules