My flight today was a complet blurry mess from start to finish
789 11 2021-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Z.Kirin
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hello everyone,

Today was a good day, I found a nice spot and was happy to go test my brand air2s.
So I went for a 4K60fps footage and I got that result :

Couple of screen of the video to get the idea, you don't even need to zoom to see that's terrible.

I just can't believe it, all of my shots are absolulty impossible to use. Every video from today are like that, out of focus or something.
I used no ND filters, and the optic is crystal clear, in perfect condition. The drone had no issue during the flight, but I'm afraid my camera is already dead or something. :/

I got the drone a week ago, and even if the footage was not perfect (tried it after work, light was a bit low), it was usable, nothing in common with what I got today.
The drone never hit or bumped into anything, I only did test flights and took some video/photo of my roof for test purpose until today...

So, how does it sound here ? Shoud I be worry ? Do you guys have any recommendation before I start looking for a RMA, a support case or whatever I can do to try and fix this ?

Any info/help is deeply appreciated.

Regards,
Zk

2021-10-15
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

There are settings for focus, you could have inadvertently tapped on the screen and set your focus at a short range?
2021-10-15
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know this is not likely your issue, but have you removed the protective film from the camera lens?

And as stated in the post above, make sure you are not set to manual focus (MF) instead of auto focus (AF). That is shown just to the left of the record/shoot button.

2021-10-15
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

I assume these are from the SD card and not the low-resolution cache? If these are indeed from the SD card, reset the camera settings through the app and then maybe refresh the firmware. I suspect you inadvertently "adjusted" something...
Review your focus settings.
Try it at manual focus set to "infinity" also try  enabling focus peaking to verify focus.
2021-10-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if these files are coming from the SD card of the unit? If yes, kindly please try to back up all the files on your SD card and reformat it to see if the issue persists. In addition, you may try to uninstall and reinstall the app as this will restore all the default settings on the app. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2021-10-15
Use props
Z.Kirin
lvl.1
Switzerland

Thanks everyone for your tips and recommandation.
It was a direct upload from the stock files in my sdcard.

I think I found the issue based on Gary and videoeditman comment, the Auto Focus settings on video was stuck in MF no matter what. Since yesterday I applied both new firmware and app update, and did a reset on camera settings.
From the test in my backward this morning, it looks good now. I'll go back to my spot to test it all, thank you guys.
2021-10-16
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad to hear you resolved the issue! Now if you can go back and take the videos again and share. That location looks great for some drone shots!
2021-10-16
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4425230 ft
United States

Glad it is resolved.  Beautiful area!
2021-10-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Z.Kirin Posted at 10-16 05:22

Good to hear!
2021-10-16
Use props
Z.Kirin
lvl.1
Switzerland

RobZilla Posted at 10-16 05:27
Glad to hear you resolved the issue! Now if you can go back and take the videos again and share. That location looks great for some drone shots!

Thanks, only had time to do a couple runs for testing, but here it is auto focus :

Made me realize that I don't own decent editing software anymore.
My VEGAS 15 Pro is not up to the task, won't let me render above 4K nor use propoer HDR.
HLG with AIR2S should provide both SDR and HDR metadata, or am I also out of date on this subect ?
Would you have suggestion for good colorgrading/HDR/4K+ rendering application ?
I consider upgrading my VEGAS 15 to 19, but Davinci Resolve seems to be the real deal nowadays, I just didn't find any retailler for the Studio version arround my part.

Also, I still find some spot in my video to be out of focus (I think ?).
I'd say the center/left potion of the video seems blurry compared to the rest of the video.
It looks noticable for me on this kind of screen shot (from the video above) :

Am I just too picky, or does it look wrong to any of you ?

2021-10-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Z.Kirin Posted at 10-16 05:22

Glad the issue seems to be resolved
2021-10-16
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Z.Kirin Posted at 10-16 12:57
Thanks, only had time to do a couple runs for testing, but here it is auto focus :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTT8XEPhltw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rurkjoM3UIU

In the picture marked with the red ring, it looks like the focus is set to the foreground, as the back is out of focus. What was your focus setting in the picture? Try indefinite setting.
2021-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules