Motionlapse failure: "Motor protected"
5275 5 2021-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TW Typhoon
lvl.1

Taiwan

Every time I try to do a custom motionlapse on my brand new OM5 it crashes after about 3 minutes with the error message: Motor protected, please resume. The gimbal motors shut down, and camera hangs limp.
View of phone and gimbal

Resulting motionlapse

Using iPhone 13 pro. Is the issue compatibility with this phone model, or a problem with the gimbal?

2021-10-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

iPhone 13 is not on the approved list - https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851 ... bility_List_en.pdf.  But as the 13 Pro weighs less than the 12 Pro Max I suspect that the motor is faulty.
2021-10-16
Use props
martin.kluevergooglemail.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 361027 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The same here. Using a 12ProMax. System works well except when using motion lapse with vertical movement. As long as I use only horizontal movement, everything works well, but when using vertical movement, the "motor protect" - message occurs after 1-2 minutes.
The temperature of the gimbal motors do not raising.

2021-10-16
Use props
MiamiC70
lvl.3
United States

Because the OM5 is a piece of crap.
2021-10-16
Use props
TW Typhoon
lvl.1

Taiwan

I retested it doing a left-to-right pan, and had the same result: "Motor protected, please resume" this time preceded by a couple of "unbalanced" messages, though phone was perfectly centered on gimbal mount.

I also tested the gimbal doing the motion lapse on my old phone, iPhone 8+, and got the same error within 3 minutes. Would love to be able to use this thing. Hoping it's a hardware issue on my particular unit that can be fixed, or unit replaced, since it's less than a week old.
2021-10-17
Use props
TW Typhoon
lvl.1

Taiwan

So, took it back to the shop where I got it a week ago. At first they wanted to send it to DJI to check if it needed repairing, but I reminded them that it's new (bought 7 days ago), and they agreed to replace it after confirming it indeed fails even on an approved phone model. Replacement model seems not to have this issue, though I only tested it for 5 minutes in shop.
2021-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules