Storing DJI Air 2 Batteries
1266 5 2021-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eEridani
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7006224 ft

United States

When I put my drone away for the winter - on a shelf for 3 months - what should I do to maximize the battrery life?
Leave at 1 LED, or charge to 3 LEDs? Or charge to full, and let the battery management take over and self-discharge to 60% after 5 days?
2021-10-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.
Just create a new thread here : https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html and select the right category / subcategory.
2021-10-16
Use props
eEridani
lvl.3

United States

Sheesh - I went through and selected Products and Care -- and the post ended up here? lol.
Thanks for the heads up.
2021-10-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Get the batteries out once a month and give them a 50% charge.
2021-10-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there eEridani. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Mavic Air 2 has an Auto-Discharging function to prevent the battery for swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day and automatically discharges to 60% of the battery level when it is idle for 5 days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. For additional reference I will post a list of the intelligent flight battery safety guidelines. In addition it would be best for you to store your DJI Mavic Air 2 Intelligent Flight Batteries on a DJI Battery Safe Bag. The DJI Battery Safe Bag offers reliable storage, and transportation for batteries. It can effectively mitigate damage from combustion, reducing the possibility of igniting surrounding objects. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the specifications of the said Safe Bag. Thank you.

2021-10-17
Use props
eEridani
lvl.3

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-17 19:27
Hello there eEridani. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Mavic Air 2 has an Auto-Discharging function to prevent the battery for swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day and automatically discharges to 60% of the battery level when it is idle for 5 days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. For additional reference I will post a list of the intelligent flight battery safety guidelines. In addition it would be best for you to store your DJI Mavic Air 2 Intelligent Flight Batteries on a DJI Battery Safe Bag. The DJI Battery Safe Bag offers reliable storage, and transportation for batteries. It can effectively mitigate damage from combustion, reducing the possibility of igniting surrounding objects. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the specifications of the said Safe Bag. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thank you again, but you aren't answering my question. Well, not directly. Is it your advice to charge the battery to 100% and let the internal Smart electronics discharge the battery?
2021-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules