Samsung Note 9 and Dji Mini 2 won´t work. Please help!
2879 26 2021-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ricur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1056076 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Hi.

I just my mini 2  today after saving a few month for it.  I have tried EVERYTHING to make it work with my Samsung Note 9 which in Dji website says it´s supported. Nothing makes it work.  Of course I have downloaded the app from the webpage. Erase it and tried again.  I have updated the quad with a friend´s ipad and flew it once and all is good but it just wont take my Note 9.  I erased the app and downloaded it again, updated it even through Huawai store. I even tried the debuging of the phone. NOTHING.

I can´t buy another phone for my drone.

Please help!
2021-10-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about your experience. May I know the system version of your Samsung Note 9? If it is convenient, please give us a screenshot of the firmware info page. Besides, you could try to reinstall the app via our official website, and change the connecting cable. Hope this helps.
https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-10-16
Use props
Ricur
lvl.2
  • >>>
Mexico

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-16 17:46
Hi, there. Sorry to hear about your experience. May I know the system version of your Samsung Note 9? If it is convenient, please give us a screenshot of the firmware info page. Besides, you could try to reinstall the app via our official website, and change the connecting cable. Hope this helps.
https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

Is this what you need?  I did downloaded the app from there and did try with another cable. Still no luck.
Screenshot_20211016-233858_Settings.jpg
2021-10-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Ricur Posted at 10-16 20:40
Is this what you need?  I did downloaded the app from there and did try with another cable. Still no luck.

Hi, there. Sorry for the misleading reply. We want to know the system version of your phone, Android 11, Android 7 or the other. Besides, we also want to know the firmware version of your application, 1.4.8 or 1.4.12? If it is convenient, please provide a sample video inthird-person perspective showing that the drone cannot fly, then upload to Dropbox/Google Drive and provide us with the link. Thanks.
2021-10-16
Use props
Ricur
lvl.2
  • >>>
Mexico

I have Android 10. And the app is 1.4.12
2021-10-17
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

I will assume you are using the "top" USB C connector and not the bottom one (which only charges)? Does the phone confirm with a pop-up or a sound that the USB cable from the remote is connected? Or at least a confirmation that it is charging when connected?
2021-10-18
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Check the cable is in the correct port, (right side of Remote Control) to Phone.
Left side is storage only!
Also try another cable, some have had a bad USB cable.
2021-10-18
Use props
Ricur
lvl.2
  • >>>
Mexico

videoeditman Posted at 10-18 06:52
Check the cable is in the correct port, (right side of Remote Control) to Phone.
Left side is storage only!
Also try another cable, some have had a bad USB cable.

Yes is the first thing I`d made sure. I know the right side is for the data and the left for storage.  Did try another cable, I will try tomorrow with a third one
2021-10-18
Use props
Ricur
lvl.2
  • >>>
Mexico

jmb63 Posted at 10-18 06:20
I will assume you are using the "top" USB C connector and not the bottom one (which only charges)? Does the phone confirm with a pop-up or a sound that the USB cable from the remote is connected? Or at least a confirmation that it is charging when connected?

Hi. I am using the top one. Correct.  And  when I connect the RC to my phone nothing happens, doesn`t charge make a sound or ask to connect to anything.  When I charge the charging cable to my phone it charges of course.   I have tried 2 different cables, nothing.  I am not sure if I change by mistake a configuration on the phone so can only charge but not transmit data.... is the only thing left I can think of, which I have search how to, if possible, change that and still haven`t found it
2021-10-18
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ricur Posted at 10-18 15:22
Hi. I am using the top one. Correct.  And  when I connect the RC to my phone nothing happens, doesn`t charge make a sound or ask to connect to anything.  When I charge the charging cable to my phone it charges of course.   I have tried 2 different cables, nothing.  I am not sure if I change by mistake a configuration on the phone so can only charge but not transmit data.... is the only thing left I can think of, which I have search how to, if possible, change that and still haven`t found it

It should still show that it is connected, at least to charge, and even if no pop-up or sound, the charging should show on the status/notification bar (battery icon)
The cable that you are using ( you said you tried 2) is it the same connector on each end as the one you charge it with? Is it a USB C on both ends or is it USB A ( bigger/rectangular) connect tor on one end and USB C on the other end (fits in the phone)
This, honestly, sounds like either a bad/not data cable or a messed up port...It should at least show that it is charging from the remote when connected
2021-10-18
Use props
djiuser_ISv2WNDOdWMa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131942 ft
United States

Ricur Posted at 10-18 15:22
Hi. I am using the top one. Correct.  And  when I connect the RC to my phone nothing happens, doesn`t charge make a sound or ask to connect to anything.  When I charge the charging cable to my phone it charges of course.   I have tried 2 different cables, nothing.  I am not sure if I change by mistake a configuration on the phone so can only charge but not transmit data.... is the only thing left I can think of, which I have search how to, if possible, change that and still haven`t found it
Are you making sure that when you plug the RC into your phone, you turn the RC on? Because you may not see it connect or it may not make any noise if it's not turned on. Just throwing it out there just in case. I have a Samsung s20 Ultra and it works fine on that. Also I'm using version 1.4.8 build 1185
2021-10-18
Use props
Ricur
lvl.2
  • >>>
Mexico

jmb63 Posted at 10-18 17:43
It should still show that it is connected, at least to charge, and even if no pop-up or sound, the charging should show on the status/notification bar (battery icon)
The cable that you are using ( you said you tried 2) is it the same connector on each end as the one you charge it with? Is it a USB C on both ends or is it USB A ( bigger/rectangular) connect tor on one end and USB C on the other end (fits in the phone)
This, honestly, sounds like either a bad/not data cable or a messed up port...It should at least show that it is charging from the remote when connected

I have try 2 ways:   One with the usb-c to usb-c ogt that comes with the mavic  and nothing. Doesn´t sound or charge or anything.   Then I tried with usb a with adapter to usbc and nothing. Tomorrow I get a new usb-c to usb-c cable to see it that works.  Yes. I have thought about defective or damage entrance to my phone, but.... it that would be the case it wouldn´t even charge right? Or not necessarily?
2021-10-18
Use props
Ricur
lvl.2
  • >>>
Mexico

djiuser_ISv2WNDOdWMa Posted at 10-18 17:48
Are you making sure that when you plug the RC into your phone, you turn the RC on? Because you may not see it connect or it may not make any noise if it's not turned on. Just throwing it out there just in case.

What I do is to connect the phone to the remote once the RC and the drone are already on and linked. Thats right, isn´t it?
2021-10-18
Use props
Ricur
lvl.2
  • >>>
Mexico

So I have tried to connect my sister´s Huawai P20 with the cable that comes with it and it worked. So I guess either my Note 9 is not configured to accept and transmit data or is it damage?
2021-10-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ricur Posted at 10-18 18:16
So I have tried to connect my sister´s Huawai P20 with the cable that comes with it and it worked. So I guess either my Note 9 is not configured to accept and transmit data or is it damage?

See if this will help?

2021-10-18
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

This was going to be my suggestion.  
2021-10-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lets hope it helps, i used to use the Note 9 with the Go 4 app so it should work ok for this app
2021-10-19
Use props
Ricur
lvl.2
  • >>>
Mexico

Mhinc Posted at 10-19 01:36
This was going to be my suggestion.

She I have done that. Nothing changed.
2021-10-19
Use props
Ricur
lvl.2
  • >>>
Mexico

Bashy Posted at 10-19 03:58
Lets hope it helps, i used to use the Note 9 with the Go 4 app so it should work ok for this app

I didn't know dji mini 2 could fly with go 4. I'll try
2021-10-19
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Ricur Posted at 10-19 04:26

It can't, he is probably referring to his phantom 4 pro!
2021-10-19
Use props
Ricur
lvl.2
  • >>>
Mexico

Bashy Posted at 10-19 03:58

Yes with dji go 4... the problem I am having is with Dji Fly
2021-10-19
Use props
Ricur
lvl.2
  • >>>
Mexico

videoeditman Posted at 10-19 06:59
It can't, he is probably referring to his phantom 4 pro!

Right. Just with Dji fly
2021-10-19
Use props
djiuser_0sznpSoW5hVC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 314820 ft
Canada

Try side-loading an older app version like 1.4.8. Some people have issues with the new 1.4.12
2021-10-19
Use props
Ricur
lvl.2
  • >>>
Mexico

djiuser_0sznpSoW5hVC Posted at 10-19 17:00
Try side-loading an older app version like 1.4.8. Some people have issues with the new 1.4.12

Just tried that too. Still nothing.
2021-10-19
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Ricur Posted at 10-19 04:26

It Can't
2021-10-19
Use props
djiuser_0sznpSoW5hVC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 314820 ft
Canada

Ricur Posted at 10-19 18:18
Just tried that too. Still nothing.

Darn. Sorry to hear that, hopefully it works out for you.

Seems like the issue is your phone and not the drone or cable given what you already tried. Connecting RC to your phone doesn't trigger charging so that's fishy. Enable USB debugging in developer options and try again. Try cleaning the usb c ports in case they're dirty. Reboot the phone.

You might want to upload pics of the usb c cables you're using for us to see. There's a lot of people with this issue in previous threads but those were solved with different cables or RC replacements.
2021-10-19
Use props
Ricur
lvl.2
  • >>>
Mexico

I came to the conclusion that has to be my USB c port on my phone. I tried to download the app for Android to transfer files to my computer and nothing. I have debugged the cell I have changed it to midi as well and nothing. So I think it has to be the USB port on my phone. I'll try to clean it if not, Ilñ see how much would it cost to change it, and if it's too expensive I might get another phone. Was thinking in of Redmi 9. Any thought on a not so expensive phone just to have it to fly?
2021-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules