Storing DJI Air 2 Batteries
550 3 2021-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eEridani
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7006224 ft

United States

When I put my drone away for the winter - on a shelf for 3 months - what should I do to maximize the battrery life?

Do I leave the battery at 1 LED, or do I charge it 3 LEDs? Or do I do a full charge and let the battery management take over and self-discharge to 60% after 5 days?

DJI replies only, please.

2021-10-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Re charge the batteries to about 50% each month to keep them in best condition.
2021-10-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The battery will discharge to 60% automatically if not used four days or more for extending the battery life. Check the battery level and charge the battery before using it again. In addition, store the batteries in a clean environment to avoid stains or dirt being stuck in the battery buckles. Thank you for your valued support.
2021-10-17
Use props
eEridani
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7006224 ft

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-17 03:04
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The battery will discharge to 60% automatically if not used four days or more for extending the battery life. Check the battery level and charge the battery before using it again. In addition, store the batteries in a clean environment to avoid stains or dirt being stuck in the battery buckles. Thank you for your valued support.

Thank you for the reply, but what if I finish a day of flying, have a battery at 10%. Do I leave it and store it at 10% or do I recharge it to full - using up one of my 200 warranty recharge cycles?

2021-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules