Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mathi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 941211 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Hi,

I just got the DJI FPV combo pack, and the battery doesnt charge. When i first got it, the battery wouldnt turn on when i tried to start the drone, and then when i put it in the charger all of the leds started flashing. But when i press the power-on button on the battery, nothing  happens. Does that mean the batter is defect?
2021-10-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mathi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and can give out the best resolution for this matter. Thank you.
2021-10-17
Use props
djiuser_YeV5n37cpznE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1007402 ft
United States

I have the same problem. Don't need a video. 4 leds flash when on the wire charger. Indicator light turns red on the smart charger.
2021-10-18
Use props
FPVSlice
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2935351 ft
Belgium

Tried charging it directly from the powerbrick instead of the 'strip'?
2021-10-19
Use props
Skunkhauser
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1426913 ft
United States

Same issue here with the combo pack.  As soon as I connect to two-post plug to the charger, all 4 LEDs on the battery flash for about 5 min then shut off.  Now it doesn't respond w/ the power button on the battery.
2021-11-21
Use props
Skunkhauser
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1426913 ft
United States

Skunkhauser Posted at 11-21 18:26
Same issue here with the combo pack.  As soon as I connect to two-post plug to the charger, all 4 LEDs on the battery flash for about 5 min then shut off.  Now it doesn't respond w/ the power button on the battery.

To bump the thread and update - I dropped another $300 last night and got the "fly more" package (2 batteries and stick-charger).  The two "new" batteries are just fine, but the original causes the stick-charger to turn red and still doesn't charge.  So it's definitely a problem with the original battery.

Pro tip: be sure to label your batteries so you can identify "problem" children.
2021-11-23
Use props
djiuser_jpZTTWN1A23e
New

Vietnam

I have the same. I just received the combo pack. The battery flashes with 4 at once very fast. It doesn’t charge. What can be done?
2021-12-18
Use props
djiuser_Zg7o4KviOv5L
New
Flight distance : 1348 ft
United States

Well, just got a fly more combo and the same happened here. Going to try and get in touch for a replacement I guess? Arriving with a bricked battery is pretty lame.
2021-12-31
Use props
Dong ZeYuan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57060 ft
United States

I have the same problem but with the Mini 2
2021-12-31
Use props
Dong ZeYuan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57060 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-17 18:55
Hello there Mathi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and can give out the best resolution for this matter. Thank you.

I have the same problem but with the Mini 2
2021-12-31
Use props
djiuser_cwdaodXSKm4G
New

Germany

Hello, just unboxed my new DJI FPV and tried to charge all devices. My battery shows the same problem with the 4 blinking lights in high frequency. Video upload is not possible but I hope that the jpg is sufficient.
Best hp
2022-1-1
Use props
MAF178
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

Guys make sure that DJI FPV comes in sealed box thats really important.  
The battery in DJI FPV can be switched on even if not connected to the drone and it will drain the battery slowly till its dead.

Maybe some ppl facing battery issues because they bought the drone not sealed and somebody in the showroom left the battery switched on till its slowly dead thats a senario.

The other senario is that somebody pulled the battery from the drone while its switched on without switching the battery off first. In this case you cant switch the battery off unless you reconnect it again to the drone then you switch it off and will lead the battery to drain slowly till its dead.

Inaddition, its recommended to charge the smart battery to full after every flight even if you are not gonna use it. not as regular lipo battery.

2022-1-2
Use props
djiuser_gpvSqBb1bcbL
New

United States

I’m exactly on the same boat. Just purchased a “fly more kit” (more like… don’t fly at all kit). And got the 4 blinking lights, then a red light from the charger. Both batteries are doing the same thing.
I’ve tried with the multiple charging strip and straight to the charger. No luck with either.
2022-3-5
Use props
djiuser_Zw4RwGfXGkhV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 608553 ft
Germany

Same issue here withe the newly purchased fly more kit. One battery is fine one is blinking all led when connected to the charger. No charging possible, not powering the drone up!
2022-5-11
Use props
fans22fd9757
New

Montenegro

I spent 150€ for the defect battery.I m on my vocation right now and i cant take a video
2022-5-26
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

I don't know if this will help, but it might.

I bought the basic FPV Combo with just the one battery. That worked fine until I left the comfort of Normal mode, and moved into the battery-eating Sport mode. I got the Fly More kit straight away.

I worked in a highly ESD sensitive environment for a long time, so this may be overkill, but it has worked for me.

Before I connect or disconnect anything from the charging brick, or from the charging strip plugged into the brick, I always physically unplug the brick from the power source in the wall. All connecting and disconnecting is done with POWER OFF, as in unplugged.

Like I said, I don't know if this will make any difference, but it might be worth a shot.

Good luck!

TCS
2022-5-27
Use props
Doug_Drone
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-10-17 18:55

My Mini 2 arrived last week, same issue and odd that it seems to be 1 of the 3 batteries that are problematic.

Takes the gloss off a new purchase, and of course it takes time and effort to get the issue resolved.
2022-7-25
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

"Before I connect or disconnect anything from the charging brick, or from the charging strip plugged into the brick, I always physically unplug the brick from the power source in the wall. All connecting and disconnecting is done with POWER OFF, as in unplugged.".
This is a good habit, I am doing exactly the same with the DJI car charger as well. I don't know if it changes anything, but my 5 batteries have never displayed charging issues.

2022-7-25
Use props
Im913mostwanted
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4068829 ft
United States

Skunkhauser Posted at 2021-11-21 18:26
Same issue here with the combo pack.  As soon as I connect to two-post plug to the charger, all 4 LEDs on the battery flash for about 5 min then shut off.  Now it doesn't respond w/ the power button on the battery.

I am having this same issue on my DJI FPV battery, all the threads are confusing; does anyone have any idea possibly with the FPV, or any other DJI’s, as I’m sure they are similarly programmed.

Thanks in advance guys.

2022-9-16
Use props
Tyre Reviews
lvl.1
United States

I guess no one ever worked this out. Just opened my new FPV (definitely a sealed box) and same issue with fpv battery with 4 lights flashing  / blinking quickly
2022-9-21
Use props
fans86078837
New

United States

Just opened my sealed dji fpv today. Hit the power buttons on all the components to see the charge they have prr usual to see if i could play. The battery flashed all 4 leds, thought it was weird, so let it charge on the brick. Whelp, after seeing nothing from the button press and finding out the issue via Google search,  looks like the battery is dead. Now have to chase down support from dji
2022-12-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans86078837 Posted at 12-8 19:39
Just opened my sealed dji fpv today. Hit the power buttons on all the components to see the charge they have prr usual to see if i could play. The battery flashed all 4 leds, thought it was weird, so let it charge on the brick. Whelp, after seeing nothing from the button press and finding out the issue via Google search,  looks like the battery is dead. Now have to chase down support from dji

this is not uncommon.  whether the package is seal or not is immaterial.  batteries are defective and have a warranty so it's inconvenient but acceptable.  out of 9 batteries, i've had 2.
2022-12-8
Use props
macjax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444193 ft
  • >>>
United States

The batteries have triggered a PV (permanent failure) flag in the IC of smarts of the battery. This happens when the cells get to low (below 3v) from not being maintained, charged. They most likely sat on shelf in a store or warehouse without being charged for months. You need to open up the battery and connect a device to the board to reset the PF flag. I have done this and it requires an EV2300 or EV2400 interface and software on a computer. Basically, that battery is shot. Even if you can reset the PF flag, there could still be a bad cell that the DJI app would pick up and tell you the battery is defective and you will not be able to take off.
2023-1-23
Use props
djiuser_83vXACW2Tyey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19583 ft
Australia

AVATA Battery Rubbish

Very disappointing. I have owned my Avata for you guessed it 34 days. All good, no problems but it seemed to run out pretty quick. If I had a fly for 5 or 6 mins and landed and try to take off again it started warning critical low battery??
Anyway I didn’t fly for a few days due to winds. Battery charged to FULL and turn it on and the Warning sign in the goggles says Critical Batter Cannot Take Off.
after 34 Days. Though it happened before the end of the month as the logs show because I could’ve take off.
I was considering buying the fly more kit but it sounds like there’s plenty of defective Avata Batteries being sold.
2023-1-25
Use props
djiuser_83vXACW2Tyey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19583 ft
Australia

I got the Avata a few days before Christmas. Flown a few times no problems. I didn’t fly for a couple of days and  Went to use it again and My battery shows full charge and when I plug it in it says Battery Criticsl. Cannot take off. I had been considering buying a fly more kit but a dead battery in just on a month? This is really disappointing and my mates that were interspersed in getting one are now having second thoughts.
2023-1-25
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

Add me to the list of DJI FPV defective battery owners.

Received my DJI FPV Fly More Kit on Tuesday (13 February)

First battery charged up as normal.

Second battery...not so much. As soon as you plug it in, all four LEDs flash for about 10 seconds and then turn off.

I cannot help but notice that not a single member from DJI has replied to this thread but once and that was only to the author of the thread.

Has anyone had any luck with this?
2-15 13:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules