Screen Record sessions not saving properly
1273 10 2021-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eEridani
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7006224 ft

United States

Yesterday, was out for a couple hours, had the screen recording going the entire time (720p). Stopped the recorder and powered down. Got home, the video file was 0 bytes.
This is the second time a long recording was lost.

Is there some magic limit to a screen recording? Like if the file exceeds 4GB it fails? Seems pretty lame if that happens, but seems to fit the circumstances I am experiencing.

2021-10-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there eEridani. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different suggested microSD card to see if the issue will persist? In addition, the maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. In addition, the maximum file size of FAT32 is 4GB. Hence, a file that is larger than or equal to 4GB will be divided, otherwise, the file may be lost or abnormal and cannot be read. Although exFAT allows a larger file size, the larger file may be damaged due to abnormal power-off and SD card removal, or even cannot be recovered. So the storage of the camera is 4GB regardless of the file systems. So it is normal the video will be split if it reaches 4GB. Thank you.

2021-10-17
Use props
eEridani
lvl.3

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-17 19:08
Hello there eEridani. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different suggested microSD card to see if the issue will persist? In addition, the maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. In addition, the maximum file size of FAT32 is 4GB. Hence, a file that is larger than or equal to 4GB will be divided, otherwise, the file may be lost or abnormal and cannot be read. Although exFAT allows a larger file size, the larger file may be damaged due to abnormal power-off and SD card removal, or even cannot be recovered. So the storage of the camera is 4GB regardless of the file systems. So it is normal the video will be split if it reaches 4GB. Thank you.

[view_image]

I'm using a UHS-3 V30 card, write speed of 120MB/s and have used it for other recordings without issue. Only the very long recordings seem to be an issue. The DJI Fly app doesn't appear to segment the recording into 4GB chucks, instead, it just doesn't close the file properly so the recording is lost.

SAMSUNG PRO Plus 128GB microSDXC - 160MB/s UHS-I, U3, A2, V30
Up to 160MB/s Read and 120MB/s Write speed with Class 10 and U3 compatibility.
High performance for 4K UHD video and photos and more with 10-Year limited warranty.

2021-10-17
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't done any screen recording of any length with the SC so I can't offer any suggestions or guess's other than clearing the cache of the SC as well as the recent used . But, I am intrigued by why would you be running a screen recording a whole flight? Is it some requirement for a particular task/job?
2021-10-18
Use props
eEridani
lvl.3

United States

jmb63 Posted at 10-18 05:57
I haven't done any screen recording of any length with the SC so I can't offer any suggestions or guess's other than clearing the cache of the SC as well as the recent used . But, I am intrigued by why would you be running a screen recording a whole flight? Is it some requirement for a particular task/job?

Having unusual displays of the flight: battery going from 30% to what looks like 0% in a few seconds, yet logs show no unusual battery level issues. Forced landings when flying at 200 feet, but it seems just holding the elevator in full down or even near full down position for a fraction of a second can do that (based on what others are saying). And a few other assorted oddities.

These weird things happen often enough having a screen recording helps identify them. And DJI always asks for a video when you ask for help with a bug.

I'm on 1.4.8 and I'm tempted to upgrade to 1.4.12 (1386-1410-1420-1468 or whatever .12 is up to) but too many are having problems with it. I'll wait until a few more have it running without issues.

At this point, if this is the state of the art in drone tech, my next drone will be a home built made with popsicle sticks.
2021-10-18
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

eEridani Posted at 10-18 07:01
Having unusual displays of the flight: battery going from 30% to what looks like 0% in a few seconds, yet logs show no unusual battery level issues. Forced landings when flying at 200 feet, but it seems just holding the elevator in full down or even near full down position for a fraction of a second can do that (based on what others are saying). And a few other assorted oddities.

These weird things happen often enough having a screen recording helps identify them. And DJI always asks for a video when you ask for help with a bug.

OK, your reason is understandable....to help gather evidence for ongoing issues..

I have just updated the app to the latest 1.4.12 (4120....most recent from the download page) and the latest firmware for the Air2S... 3 batteries and no issues...but I didn't try or even have the motivation to try the new live stream option or screen recording...
AS far as the issues you mentioned...I have not ever experienced either the battery indication you mentioned or the forced landings...elevator held down or not ...other than if I want it to go down!
2021-10-18
Use props
eEridani
lvl.3

United States

jmb63 Posted at 10-18 17:32
OK, your reason is understandable....to help gather evidence for ongoing issues..

I have just updated the app to the latest 1.4.12 (4120....most recent from the download page) and the latest firmware for the Air2S... 3 batteries and no issues...but I didn't try or even have the motivation to try the new live stream option or screen recording...

What gets old is people who never have a specific issue often dismiss it as some wild tale. That's why many defects are never reported.

This past weekend for example I had several mid-air stops; no reason, drone was moving along at 10mph then just stopped, 50 feet off the ground. Not once, but three times. No screen video to show; but at least the logs show the speed drop to zero with controls is a forward position.

What I believe happened is the sun affected the forward VPS and the obstacle avoidance system braked. Even though I had OA set to avoid, the OA was too confused, one sensor was probably looking straight into the sun.

This specific problem I'm not going to report because it has a rational explanation and there's really nothing DJI can do to fix it. But, had I had a screen recording it would be easier to show.

Oh well - What can a person expect for a $2000 investment.
2021-10-18
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

eEridani Posted at 10-18 17:54
What gets old is people who never have a specific issue often dismiss it as some wild tale. That's why many defects are never reported.

This past weekend for example I had several mid-air stops; no reason, drone was moving along at 10mph then just stopped, 50 feet off the ground. Not once, but three times. No screen video to show; but at least the logs show the speed drop to zero with controls is a forward position.

If it was the obstacle avoidance stopping it because of the sun, you should have gotten a red " indication" around the edge of the display showing that the OA was picking up the direct sun which will act as an obstacle and confuse it... as you suspect.
if you know how to find the logs, take the logs from the "problem" flights (falling, battery drop, etc) and post them or if you don't this site will help you:    https://mavicpilots.com   forum section. They will send you in the direction to interpret the logs! Some real sharp people there with a good knowledge of interpreting log files and will be willing to take a look I bet
2021-10-18
Use props
eEridani
lvl.3

United States

jmb63 Posted at 10-18 18:47
If it was the obstacle avoidance stopping it because of the sun, you should have gotten a red " indication" around the edge of the display showing that the OA was picking up the direct sun which will act as an obstacle and confuse it... as you suspect.
if you know how to find the logs, take the logs from the "problem" flights (falling, battery drop, etc) and post them or if you don't this site will help you:    https://mavicpilots.com   forum section. They will send you in the direction to interpret the logs! Some real sharp people there with a good knowledge of interpreting log files and will be willing to take a look I bet

If I had a screen recording I could tell you if that were the case ... and normally OA shows up in the log. Well, sometimes, but not always. Again, DJI isn't infallible.

For example these notifications:
H       15m 54s        -150.6 ft        Mode        Mode changed to Joystick
I        15m 54s        -150.6 ft        Mode        Mode changed to Detour

Who knew Air 2 has a detour and a joystick mode? Detour is what I think is OA, but try to find any information on flight modes... lol. And pretty sure the drone side OA was so messed up by the sun that it wasn't even sending alerts, and why there isn't any hint of them in the log.
2021-10-18
Use props
eEridani
lvl.3

United States

jmb63 Posted at 10-18 18:47

Oh, and if you want to see those stalls I am talking about: find post #7
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... 17367/#post-1324427
2021-10-18
Use props
juspencer99
New

Ukraine

You would better try https://stork.ai/. This app always works. It also has many helpful features including audio and video messenger.
2021-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules